PCCBC March 2013 / Sandhurst May 2013

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by michaelg1987, Jan 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Just putting feelers out for the final push to Sandhurst. I've heard it documented that the fitness assessment is a 1.5 mile RUN at PCCBC rather than the bleep test used at AOSB/Main board - can anyone confirm this?

Anyone else due in May 2013?

2. Yes, PCCBC uses the 1.5mile run rather than the MSFT for measuring fitness. The course is nice and easy, with an 800m slight decline and plenty of space for overtaking and not tripping over each other.

Good luck in May and have fun.

3. What kind of time is the average for PCCBC? I'm starting my training for it but not really got a proper aim apart from "as quick as you can". Same for the press ups and sit ups as well?

4. I think as long as you hit 44 press ups and 50 sit ups along with a 10:30 run they don't distinguish - was a chap at my board who hammered out over 80 press ups and while he got some impressed nods I don't think he got additional 'points' - I think only the US marines give added value if you smash past the minimum, though it obviously looks good to the staff at RMAS

5. I am going to PCCBC on 12th March. Can't wait to get started.

6. I thought they did a 1.5 mile run on the Main Board too or is it actually a bleep test?

7. Bleep test at main board. Luck of the drawer if you do the press ups/sit ups before or after as they split you into two. Could argue the merits one way or the other I guess!

8. Personally I would prefer to do the 1.5 mile run then the press ups. Get them shoulders warm eh.

9. Friend of mine starts in May. I Got briefing tommorrow. Good luck!

10. Doesn't matter if you are at the back of the pack blowing out of your arse on PCCBC. I mean it's not brilliant, but it doesn't matter.

If however you are in the same situation come Friday week 1 (if that's still when they do PFA 1) then you will be straight in the crosshairs of your platoon DS and will almost certainly have to endure your CSgt's soft and tender words of 'encouragement' the whole way round. Don't get me wrong, you can still pass RMAS without ever being a whippet but it makes life so much easier in those first five weeks if you are seen as one of the 'fit' cadets in your platoon.

11. Has anyone done there PCCBC yet? I know quite a few of us going in May were called to go to Westbury to do medicals instead, and I just wondered if, like me, people all went for reasons of needing an updated medical, or if it was a change in policy and medicals were being done prior to PCCBC now to free up time on the course?

I asked the Doctor who did my medical at Westbury, and was told she usually did the Medicals at PCCBC at Sandhurst and thought this might be a change of procedure.

12. I have not heard of people having to specifically go to Westbury to have a medical before PCCBC. I assumed everyone had a medical whilst on the PCCBC.

13. Oh well, must just have been a lot of us that needed updated medicals then. Looks like I’ll be getting another at PCCBC. Not a problem, just wondered if it was a change to the system.

14. At the risk of highlighting myself as a verifiable wet blanket - is there a knack to nailing out the 50 sit ups? As with the bleep test, while I have no problem with the run and press-ups, does anyone think there is a knack to the technique? While passing it isn't the problem, powering on beyond the 50 is proving a nightmare. Any off the cuff tips/scathing remarks welcomed.