PC who performed sex acts on sergeant while on duty guilty of gross misconduct...

Oops

War Hero
Why do they do it? You will always get found out one way or another

Plus any number of similar falls from grace
Totally unscientific observation, but amongst the wide and varied circle of friends and acquaintances I've come across in my five decades on this Planet,

Serving Police Officers seem to represent an overly large proportion of those who also one could also catagorise as adulterers, often as not with each other.

My ex BiL carries the torch for serial philanderer based on numbers alone, but being Arab I suspect it has rather more of a cultural aspect attached.

Are there timescales for prosecuting people for Misconduct in public office then?
Misconduct in a Public Office is an indictable only Common Law offence. This means it can only be heard in Crown Court and there is no time limit. Summary only (Magistrates court only) offences have a 6 month limit (with a few exceptions )

Not all Public Sector workers carry a Warrant Card. Those that do should be held to a higher level of account. We should expect higher standards of behaviour from them.

I have no problem with being held to a higher standard, that’s why cops get sacked and or prosecuted for things that others don’t.

I have a problem with public show trials that achieve nothing other than potentially humiliating people and entertaining others for matters that don’t amount to criminal offences.

Misconduct in a Public Office is an indictable only Common Law offence. This means it can only be heard in Crown Court and there is no time limit. Summary only (Magistrates court only) offences have a 6 month limit (with a few exceptions )
Ahhhh, so if a PC was getting a leg over while on duty 10years ago and has subsequently left the police, he's still fair game to be nobbled for Misconduct in public office then.

Only asking as a mate of mine was regularly shagging his bit of fluff while on duty.

I give a hoot, she should be earning her money, money that tax payers pay her not shagging on duty or whatever it was. That’s why there is an offence of misconduct in public office.
Now if it was off duty I certainly wouldn’t give a hoot.
Fair point. It was just so prevalent when I was in that I just turned off. To put it in context, I think I was one of 2 Constables still married from the 38 ( 4 shift) station I first worked in. Being a moral sort of chap, I thought shagging around was a form of corruption and weakened people's integrity.

Cannot argue with the point you made though.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Fair point. It was just so prevalent when I was in that I just turned off. To put it in context, I think I was one of 2 Constables still married from the 38 ( 4 shift) station I first worked in. Being a moral sort of chap, I thought shagging around was a form of corruption and weakened people's integrity.

Cannot argue with the point you made though.
Good grief, were you at my old nick?

Divorce, separated, par for the course, one chap was getting married for the 3rd time, wtf? was mentioned more than congratulations, are you sure? Someone pipped up of course he is, he likes the day out.
Like yourself I was among the minority of only been married once and thirty + years later still together:blowkiss:.

Not everyone employed by the tax payer holds the Queens commission, but they haven't been doing too well recently have they!
And that’s only the stuff that goes public, not the stuff that is dealt with on house or is put down to “high jinks”.

Divorce, separated, par for the course, one chap was getting married for the 3rd time, wtf? was mentioned more than congratulations, are you sure? Someone pipped up of course he is, he likes the day out.
Like yourself I was among the minority of only been married once and thirty + years later still together:blowkiss:.
When I walked out of the Station at the end of a shift, I forgot about the job until I walked into the station the next time I was on shift.

For me the worst nightmare would be married to or living with someone in the Job. "Who did you arrest today darling" I dealt with a right griefy domestic" etc.

Anyway working at places like Hayes and Harlesden not many blokes would be tempted with shagging the local women.

Last edited:
When is Pritti Patel’s report into her alleged bullying being published?

As the political head of The Police, surely transparency is ultimately important and the public need to see it to maintain confidence in her?

Like yourself I was among the minority of only been married once and thirty + years later still together
Yes. Nearly 40 years now and no regrets. Given all the crap that police spouses put up with of which you will know, it seems particularly unfair and wrong to disrespect them in the way of playing away.

It is all about keeping a clean mind and dealing with the stresses in ways that don't hurt others. I just used to read books and play with my garden. :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
And she got it. Repeatedly. ;)
I was talking about the prat in the car outside Newport nick, fancy getting your todger out like that and taking pictures of it? Saying it hurt and then, well I know at times on a night duty it can be quiet but.
Oh and yes she did along with a few others by the sound of it.

My then Sgt, RIP, was 40 & on his 4th marriage. That didn’t last either..

He was known as Castlemaine, as in 4 XXXX.

During my 30 years as a cop, adultery/shagging it was so routine to become normal.

The above Sgt, one Saturday whilst I was a young town centre beat cop stood outside a nightclub being accosted by some female at chucking out time who wanted her wicked way with me, pulled up in his squad car & actively encouraged me to go with her, offered to take my PPE, as such as it was back then, radio etc back to the nick allowing me to go with her. Being married, young & innocent I declined & TBF would still probably do so today...

ETA, I did become a divorce statistic whilst in, but that was more to do with hating the sight of each other than philandering.

been with the current Mrs SA 20years & no intention of looking elsewhere.....