PC who performed sex acts on sergeant while on duty guilty of gross misconduct...

"PC Dicks was said to have brought the reputation of the police service into disrepute"

...but not half as much as the Dick in charge of the Met and all those who knelt down or ran away tactically withrew at BLM riots ...protests...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
No one would really give a hoot to be honest. Youngish police Constables seem to have no conception as to where it is appropriate to spread their seed or not. This is known amongst each other and in the criminal fraternity where they spray their seed.

The Sergeant should have known better though. He got away with it as he had already left and this offence doesn't seem to carry over once leaving service, ie not a criminal offence. He appears to be just an amoral so and so.
I give a hoot, she should be earning her money, money that tax payers pay her not shagging on duty or whatever it was. That’s why there is an offence of misconduct in public office.
Now if it was off duty I certainly wouldn’t give a hoot.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
"PC Dicks was said to have brought the reputation of the police service into disrepute"

...but not half as much as the Dick in charge of the Met and all those who knelt down or ran away tactically withrew at BLM riots ...protests...
True, nobody would have known had they kept this quiet and dealt with it in house, why inform the media?
Alternatively. Young female constable, keen to get on, convinces unattractive senior officer that she likes him.
Acquiesces to his sexual demands seeing it as a path to promotion; through gratitude or even blackmail?
shagging a sergeant isn’t going to get you promoted, she would know that, I think reading about it that he was a nasty manipulative bastard, having all those so called relationships, not far off been a sexual predator, no wonder he left sharpish.
As a cop she should have known better and reported him to her inspector if he was coming on her, I mean coming onto her.

I give a hoot, she should be earning her money, money that tax payers pay her not shagging on duty or whatever it was. That’s why there is an offence of misconduct in public office.
Now if it was off duty I certainly wouldn’t give a hoot.
As long as that exists across the whole of the public sector including politicians with the same level of punishment, I have no issues.

Why do they do it? You will always get found out one way or another

Plus any number of similar falls from grace

True, nobody would have known had they kept this quiet and dealt with it in house, why inform the media?

shagging a sergeant isn’t going to get you promoted, she would know that, I think reading about it that he was a nasty manipulative bastard, having all those so called relationships, not far off been a sexual predator, no wonder he left sharpish.
As a cop she should have known better and reported him to her inspector if he was coming on her, I mean coming onto her.
Any police misconduct hearing has to be made public and unless specifically excluded, the public can attend. All in the name of transparency. Not for all public sector workers though.

Amazes me that in this day and age of cameras everywhere, plus social media, folk still act like idiots.

Amazes me that in this day and age of cameras everywhere, plus social media, folk still act like idiots.
As Einstein is reputed to have said “There are only two things that are infinite. The Universe and human stupidity though I’m not sure about the Universe”.

Any police misconduct hearing has to be made public and unless specifically excluded, the public can attend. All in the name of transparency. Not for all public sector workers though.
Not all Public Sector workers carry a Warrant Card. Those that do should be held to a higher level of account. We should expect higher standards of behaviour from them.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Sounds like that PC was a ****** and deserved the sack.

As it should be, not everyone has a warrant card. I don’t understand why you play the what about every other public sector workers Card, every single time. The Police Service is different, hence the need for a higher level of transparency.

Latest Threads