PC who performed sex acts on sergeant while on duty guilty of gross misconduct...

If i understand this correctly...

She performed sex acts on him because she saw him as a replacement for her late father.

Was her father on the Sex Offenders' Register?

That said I don't know what all the fuss is about. It's in Wales where, I'm led to understand, this constitutes normal behaviour in those areas where sheep are unavailable.

being female and called "dick/dicks" doesn't seem to hinder your police career, she'll probably be promoted next week, cynical? moi?

Remove the make-up and hose off the orange layer on the skin and I'd bet she's a right howler.

When I noticed her name I thought this was a wind up ! Dicks.
There was a Conservative MP for Hayes called Dicks.

Terry Dicks.

He was a bloody awful MP as well. Credit where credit is due but none is due for him.

His campaign slogan was “I love Dicks!” I know this was the eighties but I personally wouldn’t have used that as a campaign slogan.

There were millions of little button stickers with I (insert little red heart image here) Dicks with the little red heart image printed between the two words. At one time, it seemed like every lamp post had a couple of these stickers stuck on them.

What made it seem even more funny to me was that Terry Dicks was was regarded by the press as a rentagob for any quotes that they wanted on any subject.

A phone call to him for a view on just about anything was considered a pretty good bet on obtaining something worth adding a controversial flavour to any story they were printing.

For example when Saddam Hussain hanged the Observer reporter, Farzad Bazoft, Dicks was quoted saying that as far as he was concerned, Saddam was right to hang Bazoft. A view that was even out of kilter with his own government.

His views on anything were always deliberately enormously controversial .

Whenever I read a Terry Dicks quote though, I always thought of those stickers on lamp posts all over Hayes and I wondered just what the average Hayes punter in those days really thought about them.

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Terry Dicks.

He was a bloody awful MP as well. Credit where credit is due but none is due for him.

His campaign slogan was “I love Dicks!” I know this was the eighties but I personally wouldn’t have used that as a campaign slogan.

There were millions of little button stickers with I (insert little red heart image here) Dicks with the little red heart image printed between the two words. At one time, it seemed like every lamp post had a couple of these stickers stuck on them.

What made it seem even more funny to me was thatTerry Dicks was was regarded by the press as a rentagob for any quotes that they wanted on any subject.

A phone call to him for a view on just about anything was considered a pretty good bet on obtaining something worth adding a controversial flavour to any story they were printing.

For example when Saddam Hussain hanged the Observer reporter, Farzad Bazoft, Dicks was quoted saying that as far as he was concerned, Saddam was right to hang Bazoft. A view that was even out of kilter with his own government.

Whenever I read a Terry Dicks quote though, I always thought of those stickers on lamp posts all over Hayes and I wondered just what the average Hayes punter in those days really thought about them.
I don't think it bothered them too much as they kept re-electing him. Anyway was he any worse than the Maoist, IRA loving prat that is the present MP for Hayes - John McDonnell?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Terry Dicks.

What made it seem even more funny to me was thatTerry Dicks was was regarded by the press as a rentagob for any quotes that they wanted on any subject.

Just had a look at his wiki entry and was somewhat amused to read this
"having unsuccessfully contested Bristol South in 1979, when he lost to Labour's Michael Cocks"

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm assuming that the police are like the army in that where there is an imbalance of power (such as a private and an officer) relationships are strictly taboo?

I don't see how this is any different. he had superiority over her and the ability to coerce her to do his bidding. He avoids it all by resigning, while she faces the music.

I hope his wife divorces him.

I'm assuming that the police are like the army in that where there is an imbalance of power (such as a private and an officer) relationships are strictly taboo?
I don't see how this is any different. he had superiority over her and the ability to coerce her to do his bidding. He avoids it all by resigning, while she faces the music....
Alternatively. Young female constable, keen to get on, convinces unattractive senior officer that she likes him.
Acquiesces to his sexual demands seeing it as a path to promotion; through gratitude or even blackmail?

doc80905

War Hero
No one would really give a hoot to be honest. Youngish police Constables seem to have no conception as to where it is appropriate to spread their seed or not. This is known amongst each other and in the criminal fraternity where they spray their seed.

The Sergeant should have known better though. He got away with it as he had already left and this offence doesn't seem to carry over once leaving service, ie not a criminal offence. He appears to be just an amoral so and so.
The complaints procedure for these type of things (like the senior Police officer who was caught shagging Lee Makels wife in public in Edinburgh) does seem to be strung out enough to allow people to "resign" or to retire on full pension. Very few are actually dismissed. Funny that.

On leaving court, the defendant said

'It was very hard to swallow and the whole experience has left a nasty taste in my mouth. I hope this is the end of it and it's not rammed down my throat in the future'.

Latest Threads