PC Performance

Mr Happy

LE
Cpl_ripper said:
BF2 are you running patch 1.41?

tried a system restore point?

are you running office 2007? utter shite, Clashes with all kinds of games.
1.41, not yet - have trouble uploading it

can't restore due to unknown age of the problem

no, xp

"when I got my laptop I split the HD 78gb (C partition) and 2gb (D Partition) - would this prevent a new instance of XP????
"

No, in fact this is ideal. Just install the new instance in the partition that it's not already in.
I install 2 instances of XP automatically now in a new PC. You never know when the second one will come in handy.

I would suggest that 2gb for an xp partition is a tad small. Performance on that will suffer due to lack of pagefile space

Sorry, I missed the size part of the partition - of course you're correct 2 gig is really too small.
One solution would be to use partition magic to extend it perhaps.

Mr Happy said:
Cpl_ripper said:
BF2 are you running patch 1.41?

tried a system restore point?

are you running office 2007? utter shite, Clashes with all kinds of games.
1.41, not yet - have trouble uploading it

can't restore due to unknown age of the problem

no, xp
Format and start again. :thumright:

May be a problem with the svchost.exe executable? Very common problem with that, over runs the cpu for extended periods of time.

EEU_196 said:
May be a problem with the svchost.exe executable? Very common problem with that, over runs the cpu for extended periods of time.
Hoop and talking come to mind - Do not touch this process it is a system process used for handling DLLs

Bad Advice = Unstable PC

Bottom line is if you aint got the knowledge to tweak your PC manually then use a third party tuning applicaton that will check your system settings and adjust them for you. Use Google to find what suits your needs best - there are loads to choose from.

Latest Threads