PC killing, suspect caught

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pompey, Nov 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I find this story very peculiar. A hired car from a place seriously CCTV'd up (i.e. Heathrow), hardly covert. A drive up north presumambly in possesion of firearms, another high risk strategy for 3 young black men (I'm of course not implying that the police are at all racist but...), conducting a robbery on 'away' ground when there must be plenty of places closer to Ladbroke Grove with money. All in all something smells very fishy, which would be fine except that apparently a policewoman died....I don't like it when things don't add up.
  2. Have you added up the collective brain cells of these bunch of Muppets?
  3. criminal masterminds tend to avoid shooting coppers.
    Idiots who got there idea of criminal masterminds from playing grand theft auto will.
    thats what made yardies so scary they actually lived that "get rich or die trying " lifestyle :(
    disogranised crime is imho probably more scary.
    when I worked at a hostel two of the residents tortured some dealer for half a night and then came back to the hostel covered in blood carrying bloodstained knives 8O to be let in by the night shift.
    oh well made my morning shift go by quickly phone the police and then make endless brews :)
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

According to the Times,they're part of a 20 strong gang responsible for armed robberies in S.E.London & one of the suspects hails from the Burnley area.I do hope they try it on with the armed cops & get slotted!
  5. Criminal masterminds use a laptop, or get someone else to.

There is a lot about this case that will not come out until the trial, but I don't think these guys are the sharpest tools in the box.

6. Last time I heard that expression was on Columbo about 18 years ago. He got to the bottom of though, in about 35 minutes.
  7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Touche Biscuits :wink:

I'd like to think its just because they're stupid, but I'm always aware not to underestimate those who appear stupid, I've come mildly unstuck in the past (as a teenager) by doing so, and it has taught me a lesson. The thougt that immediately struck me (a long time before I even knew that these guys fitting into an islamic profile) was insurgency, don't know why it just did. Armed Robbery is a preferred tactic to gain funds as apart from the initial incident there is no paper trail. Now I know a little more about the perpetrators, my fears are not laid to rest for a couple of reasons.

1. The oddness of the crime.
    2. The militancy of the crime
    3 The fact that the criminals match the ethnicity of the 'foiled London Bombers'
    4 That they come from the same area of London. (W10)

I just hope that the police are not distracted by the death of a police officer, and ensure that they recover the money, as it could turn out to be a fatal miscalculation to ignore these potential operating funds.

But then again maybe I watched too many episodes of Columbo :wink: