PC Games

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by carlbcfc, Feb 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Getting bored with the lack of PS3 games, I have been thinking about the PC games, but im put off by having to use a keyboard to control everything.

Is this the case? For example, I was looking at Arma 2 on play.com, is it possible to use my PS3 pad somehow?

2. I just started playing STO: Star Trek Online. Not a bad game, you can play with mouse, keyboard, and/or I think a joystick.

still fairly nascent so working out the bugs but has kept me interested for a few weeks so far.
  3. mwahahahahahah....world of warcraft!! The darkside beckons!!! :D
  4. You can get controllers for the PC, but I'd concentrate on getting to grips with the keyboard instead. It's the only true way to play first person shooters, and is far more responsive than a controller could ever hope to be.
  5. Let me just add, im not into aliens, ghost or bloody goblins. Im a fan of reality, if that is what you call it.
  6. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

What he said. Mouse and keyboard is the don for almost any type of game you would care to name - apart from driving stuff. You'll pick it up in no time.
  7. And I do not mean reality tv.

These simulators any good?
  8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

9. I once had a go of something called Euro Truck Simulator. I sat there for a few hours driving up and down a french motorway, maybe not all action, but different to a console.
  10. Absolute pile of wank STO be. "Not a bad game" my arse. Cryptic half arsed it as they did with Champions Online. It was designed in record time using their prefit system - same games with a twist of the theme. It's had shite reviews for a reason.
  11. just got Arma 2 myself off play.com a bargain and a really good game! just make sure your PC is up to the job

i have a pretty good PC and it has to work hard coping with the huge maps and graphics etc.
  12. I got a fail on graphics card.

I have GeForce 6100 nForce 405.

I have no clue how to replace that, is it as easy as sticking ram in?

Also, I pass on cpu, although it recomends at least duel core.
  13. You need to buy yourself a new rig mate, not only is yours ancient - it was shite when it wasn't.
    Sticking a shiny new card in isn't going to help, even if you try and succeed - you're going to bottleneck the shite out of it with the rest.
  14. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I take it that that card is a PCI-Express format video card? you should be able to swap it out for any other pci-e card if thats the case.
  15. depending on your system ie motherboard!

you may be able to increase RAM

but you will defo have to upgrade your graphics card! my PC is 2 years old and cost a fortune as a gaming computer(water cooled quad core cpu etc) and its getting pretty outdated

failing that Battlefield 2 is a good game and you should be able to pick that up cheap as chips now
    ive played that since 2005 and its still a popular game multi player online