PC gamers

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Sapper_Pops, May 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are there just console players are there any other PC gamers on here? PC gamers seem to get more for there money imo.

Battlfield bad company 2 anyone?

Self built MSIneo2 FR / E8400@3.6ghz / Artic freezer pro7 / 4870 1Gb / Thermaltake 750watt / 6GB GielBlackDragon / G5 mouse / Win7 64bit / CM ScoutStorm / 22" LG/Logitec 540x speakers / Bad Company
  2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Have you read any threads here? ******* loads of PC gamers. The Steam ARRSE group alone has about 60 members.
  3. Of course there are, console gamers are PC gamer wannabe's that just can't afford decent hardware to game on!
    • Like Like x 4
  4. BrunoNoMedals

If DII could handle the posh new functionality of ARRSE, you'd be one "like" up right now Mr Monk.
  5. Shite off with your telling of truth :ban:

You also missed the fact we cant read and need pretty coloured buttons so we know what to hit .

A bonus feature is that my thumbs can punch holes in walls :thumright:
  6. Oi, speak for yourself! =-D

PC Gaming has never really interested me to be honest.
  7. Depends what I'm playing really.

I used to be avid PC veteran, but then moved out of my house and couldn't afford new bits so I switched to a console so stuff looks pretty.

My MacBook can handle quite a lot now (running games in Windows) but I just end up too drunk to play or end up shouting a Ritch and FourEM on the Xbox.
  8. BrunoNoMedals

My PSU is giving me gip and having just seen the minimum specs for Brink I think I'm due an upgrade. It is an expensive business, especially when I'm saving for my wedding, but it's always worth having a top-end PC available for proper gaming regardless of which consoles you own.
  9. There in lies the rub Bruno

You spend hienous ammounts knowing full well its virtually obsolete by the time you switch the thing on
  10. BFBC2, Lord of the Rings Online, bit of COD (hate Black Ops tho...) and loads of other MMORPGs over the years....right back to Ultima Online..

Looking forward to BF3 later this year, looks amazing. And hoping MW3 lives up to the hype and has a decent single player for once.
  11. BrunoNoMedals

Obsolete? I've had this thing for five years and it still kicks the arse out of most games. It's only the top end stuff like Crysis (and now Brink) that will get it struggling, and I could probably milk another year or more with a replacement PSU (which I can then use on my next proper build).
  12. Its the impression I get from friends who are serious PC Gamers

Unless its the fact they like SHINEYS and have to have the latest wazz jazz bit o kit :grin:
  13. Thats OK mate, most people fear what they don't understand!

Ive got a lifetime sub for LOTRO (played it since closed beta, although on a break at mo). Im also waiting for BF3, tinkering around Eve again but mostly waiting for The Old Republic to be released.

Thats more likely it, its a pretty small percentage of games that actually 'need' the top end rigs. I replaced mine last year, the previous one had served me well for a good 5 years.
  14. I played the trial of Eve and it looked really awesome (having loved Elite on the spectrum) - seemed to have an incredible amount of depth.

I didn't go for it because it had that "this isn't a game but a lifestyle choice" look to it!

For me at the moment it is the APB Reloaded Beta and Company of Heroes every now and then.

15. I didn't say I don't understand PC Gaming, I just said it didn't interest me. I just prefer Console's.