PC first person shooter advice

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by heidisausage, Nov 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking for some ideas for pc games to take on tour. As a bit of a gaming bif, I'd be looking for something relatively simple. I've just about mastered Battlefiled 1942, so anything similar would be useful.
  2. Fallout 3 - i know its a RPG, but it will fill your time, and their are multiple ways of completing it.

Farcry 2 - again a very good game, lots of scope for killing.

COH - top down war simulator

Battlefield 2 - brings 1942 up to date - but its online play.

Let us know what sort of specs you have on your laptop (that you are taking) and im sure we will all have a look around and find some good games.
  3. Call of Duty 5 is out this week.

WW2 First Person Shooter, set In the south Pacific and you're playing as the USMC with a few levels playing as the Russians fighting the Germans.
  4. It's old but good and was a development of BF1942 - Battlefield Vietnam. You can even have the radio on playing 60's tracks while you fly the Huey and grease Charlie....sorry getting carried away.
  5. Any of the Call Of Duty series are good but if you want a real decent play get yourself an XBox and a copy of HALO3 or Gears or War 1 or 2..........Awesome!
  6. Brothers in Arms: hells highway, good 1st person shooter, and some good tactics (fire teams etc)
  7. You can pick up Call of duty/Call of Duty: United Offensive , for quite cheap now, the single player is mint and there are still a few multiplayer servers up , even thought its an old game. If you can run BF1942 you should be able to run those two.

Although I doubt you can play it on tour you might want to keep an eye on this too http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/ looks like it'll be a great laugh! Should be released soon I hope.
  8. "Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl" & "Stalker: Clear Sky" (a prequel)

You can play these games a number of different ways (due to a number of factions you can join or not) and if you're a muppet like me you can bimble around for hours and hours of gameplay not really understanding whats going on....

The complete set of "Half Life", and all its expansion packs - this is very cheap now.
  9. Complete with degrading weapons and armour, and big horrible bastard mutant boars that jump out on you in the dark :D Good game , but very demanding system wise.
  10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

just started playing Stalker... that thing in the first set of tunnels that hits you with the psychic attack thingy... blimey charlie, it scared the bejeezus out of me. any tips on how *not* to get battered by all the soldiers once you emerge from the tunnel system?