PC David Rathband found dead

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BoringUsername1, Mar 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shame that, I always felt he or his wife never got adequate support.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. What an absolute bloody shame.

He always seemed to come across as very self depreciating and honourable.

3. Another victim.

4. I don't normally do the RIP threads, but this saddens me.

I cannot begin to understand what grief and anguish Dave Rathband had to endure. For some it's just too much.

My sympathies to his family and friends.
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Sadly, I think you are correct. Most Public Servants who suffer injury or trauma in the line of duty do not get adequate support, I am afraid.
  6. Poor bugger. RIP
  7. Very sad news, but unsurprising, as there was a certain amount of inevitability about it. Another fatality of Moat's rampage. I wonder if that grief whore who attended Moat's funeral with her sprog will bother her arse to show some empathy to this death?
    RIP PC Rathband.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Perhaps slightly inappropriate but my first reaction was anger - at the trash who see Moat as some kind of 'hero'. He's taken that man's life. After the event, perhaps, but I still see this as murder, not suicide.

I'm desperately sorry that PC Rathband was unable to come to terms with things or gain the support he needed. RIP.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Probably the same sentiments as the majority of law abiding people.

RIP PC Rathband
  10. Another win for the scum of this country.
    RIP PC Rathband.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Very sad news . Not sure what help he was given but sadly sometimes it will never be enough. RIP PC Rathband
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The final victim of Moat's spite. RIP. I hope that Northumbria Police give him a decent send-off and support his widow and kids.
  13. Hence why he felt the need to need to create his own charity to help those in the Emergency services in need.

An absolute shame and a sad loss
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

This is maybe not the place for a debate, but I cant agree. David was regarded as a hero in the north east and became mates with the high and the low. Northumbria Constabulary were as supportive as they could be - he was still a serving officer yesterday and Chief Constable Sue Sim was exemplary in her support both on a personal and a professional level. Anybody who heard the (I think) Jeremy Vine interview with David and his wife Kath on BBC Radio 2 a while back will know why.

• Like Like x 4