PC Brigade get rid of Drunken Sailor

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Plant-Pilot, Jan 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's official, the charity Bookstart have changed th lyrics to the song "What shall we do with the drunken sailor' to "What shall we do with the grumpy Pirate"!

BBC Clicky

2. Just as long as the RN don't see this as justification for getting rid of the short basket-weaving course (assuming it still exists) as a cost-saving measure.

And I don't see why we should be discriminating against pirates by categorising them all as "grumpy". They're making plenty of money at the moment, despite the recession!

3. Also look at the story of the 3 little pigs that was turned down in case of offense caused to Muslims! PC Brigade CNUTS.

4. Very sensible. Seeing that most of the pirates we reed about in the newspapers are Somali Muslims,I find it highly offensive they should be described as 'drunken'.

5. On their addled but 'politically correct*' brains. Sailors get drunk.

* What is the exact definition of 'politically correct'? I find Harriet Harman politically offensive, but I would....... !

6. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

What about the disgusting sexual innuendo in 'Goosey goosey gander' and 'I had a little nut tree'? And the invitation to child cruelty in 'Rock a bye baby'? There should be a compulsory 86-hour diversity and equality section included in pre-natal classes. And a nationwide ban on bacon sandwiches. This little pink quadruped went to market .. Am I barmy or is it New Liabour's world that is turning into a madhouse?

7. Lets have our own ending to the song then, to make it politcally correct then

"What do we, or you, or our line manager, do with a possibly, or possibly not, heavily, slightly or not in the slightest bit, presumably intoxicated although he may not be, sailor/service-person?"

"What do we, or you, or our line manager, do with a possibly, or possibly not, heavily, slightly or not in the slightest bit, presumably intoxicated although he may not be, sailor/service-person?"

"Earl-i at reveille" (so that in conforms with JSP guidelines)

"Wake him very gently, ask if he's okay"
    "Offer him a drink ask him if he wants to stay and lay"
    "Dont let the Sgt Major scare him, is that okay?"
    "Seek medical assistance in case he does not wake" (and to cover your arse)

Any one else?

8. Can we suggest alternative lines...

"Take away his iPod and watch him cry" for example.

9. This is blatant anti-piratism and sterotyping of an oppressed ethnic and religious minority.

As a member of this greatly misrepresented profession and an adherent of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I take umbrage at this narrow-minded bigottry and demand an immediate apology on behalf of all my fellow pirates. Furthermore I will be writing to.....

Continued on Page 96.

10. It is good that they used the word pirate.

A Grumpy sailor sounds a bit like a gay sex act.

11. I'm outraged-I'm going to start up the Outrage RHIB as soon as I sober up.

Don't worry-we've still got the 1 Day and 5 Day basketweaving courses!!!

12. Is that the one where you spunk in their eye, chop em in the throat and stamp on their foot and watch them go "Arrrgghhh!"?

13. Looks like we have an other one to add to the chipping, seagulling, dirty sanchez etc list. It could be bigger than dogging.

14. Do they meana possibly chemically imballanced member of the seagoing fraternity?

15. Had to happen.
    The RM of my day is no more.
    Nelson is rotating in his grave, aving Organisms over pleasantly plump female sailors being done over by lecherous Harabs.
    john