PC Brigade bans Christmas Party

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by accidentalscaley, Sep 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm working at the factory in Blandford, and have just been briefed that we need to organise a Christmas Party for the group. However we're not allowed to call it a Christmas Party in case we offend the Queen's Gurkha Signallers, the Muslims and any other non-Christian. So far we've come up with a name for it. The Annual December 25th Birthday Celebration for a Guy called Jesus. Any thoughts or better ideas for a name?
  2. Christmas. Simple as that. If they don't like it then stuff 'em!
  3. Stupid really as Jesus is mentioned in the Qur'an.
  4. Fully POL'd and ready to go.

5. I suspect that the majority of Muslims, Hindus, Taoists, Zoroastrians or whatever you're having yourself are not the slightest bit offended by Christmas.

It's an excuse by certain people (usually not members of religious minorities themselves) with a certain political agenda to further their ends by attacking another element of Western culture.
  6. Yuletide is a well known PC version in use with the Police. Or you could try Festive Period celebration get together.
  7. is that what them non meat burgers are made off ?
  8. msr

msr LE

Personally I would demand they bring me someone who actually was offended.

9. Can we ask the muslims not to call Ramadan Ramadan anymore as it offends me? Why not rename that to 'excuse to fecking skive'?
  10. Whoever 'briefed' you I suggest you 'brief' back in the appropraite manner.
  11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I have never seen a Gurkha, random flavour of muslim or any other religious, agnostic or atheist soldier have an issue with a Christmas party.

Or was someone planning to force them to take a holy communion instead of getting leathered :?

Even as a Zoroastrian I never once returned a crimbo pressy or refused to go out on the lash to celebrate......something to do in between the 6 gahanbars...
  12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

How about Ramadama Ding Dong?

Or was that a song by Rocky Sharpe and the Replays?
  13. Tell them to go **** 'emselves mate and be done with it.
  14. This is a WAH............right?! It's must be copied directly from the front page of the Daily Mail (Daily Hate)!? If it isn't name and shame the individual who made this decision so we can question their thinking on mass. People who make these decisions only fuel the fires of intolerance, inflame underlying tensions and embarrass those they naively try to protect.

And may I say that is a far more reasoned response that I was going to post because the bast4rds nearly got me going too!
  15. msr

msr LE

Or demand halal turkey, vegetarian christmas pudding and that any female staff wear a veil etc etc