PC AUTOCUE

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It looks as though I may have to share my wisdom with the world on a semi-regular basis.

Whilst I personally love the idea of looking past the camera whilst unleashing a blizzard of A4 and swearing profusely as I grovel to reassemble the paperwork, can anyone recommend a PC-based autocue system that will allow me to watch a powerpoint on my PC whilst appearing deeply wise? I've tried split screening and decided that it's not for the faint hearted.

Last edited:
E2BBD095-E207-4E16-A83A-74500E094CD1.gif

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
a second monitor?

a second monitor?

This, even a digital tv will do

Just get something out of a charity shop for peanuts or scan your local facebook pages for someone getting rid of one

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Geez, you people...

Don't 'you people' me, you person.

I wanted something whizzy and fun to splurge company cash on and all you can do is link me to a page full of shoite and general bonk and then have the temerity to imply that I should be grateful... :)

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

I wanted something whizzy and fun to splurge company cash on and all you can do is link me to a page full of shoite and general bonk and then have the temerity to imply that I should be grateful... :)

so splurge on a whizzy gaming monitor or a 32" enormovision display like mine. ffs. do we have to think of everything around here???

;)

Go fark yourself. I found excellent waste of £465 of your company pounds in a couple of clicks.

It's not my fault you work for pikeys.

PC Autocue - I thought that would be something that would take my brain dump and turn it into something that could be broadcast.

Having no idea about what the former fried man is talking about I offer this suggestion to show that a split screen option is available for us mere mortals without having to splurge company coin on vanity projects.
EmWasn'tMe.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to use split screen in Windows 10​

By Robert Zak February 02, 2021
Linkypoo for you people.

Divide and conquer your workload.​

1615295362144.png

Split Screen in Half​

The most fundamental way to use split-screen in Windows 10 is to drag an open window to the left or right side of the screen. This will automatically ‘snap’ that window to take up exactly half of the screen.

If you have other windows open at the time, they will appear as smaller thumbnails on the other half of the screen, at which point you can click the one you want to fill that half.

Alternatively, you can just get on with what you were doing in the snapped window and the remaining windows will return to where they were before you started snapping.

Split-screen keyboard shortcuts​

• Snap window to left or right half: Win + left/right arrow
  • Snap window to corner/quarter of screen: Win + left/right arrow then up/down arrow
  • Make window fullscreen: Win + up arrow until full screen
  • Expand ¼ window to ½ window: Win + up/down arrow
More instructions on the site.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

Having no idea about what the former fried man is talking about I offer this suggestion to show that a split screen option is available for us mere mortals without having to splurge company coin on vanity projects.
View attachment 555807

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to use split screen in Windows 10​

By Robert Zak February 02, 2021
Linkypoo for you people.

Divide and conquer your workload.​

View attachment 555802

Split Screen in Half​

The most fundamental way to use split-screen in Windows 10 is to drag an open window to the left or right side of the screen. This will automatically ‘snap’ that window to take up exactly half of the screen.

If you have other windows open at the time, they will appear as smaller thumbnails on the other half of the screen, at which point you can click the one you want to fill that half.

Alternatively, you can just get on with what you were doing in the snapped window and the remaining windows will return to where they were before you started snapping.

Split-screen keyboard shortcuts​

• Snap window to left or right half: Win + left/right arrow
  • Snap window to corner/quarter of screen: Win + left/right arrow then up/down arrow
  • Make window fullscreen: Win + up arrow until full screen
  • Expand ¼ window to ½ window: Win + up/down arrow
More instructions on the site.

Do you have something that humans can use?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
so splurge on a whizzy gaming monitor or a 32" enormovision display like mine. ffs. do we have to think of everything around here???

;)

Thank you but I was hoping for a solution that would shout 'Corporate Colossus' rather than 'Parents Garage'.

Latest Threads