PC ARRSE

#1
:censored: Why the fcuk was the Muslims and Facists Rioting in Harrow thread set so that only moderators can reply?
I thought this place was better then that and free from the overly PC world out there. I am suprised and disappointed in the ARRSE moderators for that overly PC action.
=( :roll:
 
#4
Same as what happened to a similar thread the other day. Any mention of muslims, the BNP or immigrants is binned. Head in the sand springs to mind. No doubt this thread will be deleted.
 
#5
lsquared said:
The thread seems to have been 'pulled'. Too sensitive probably.
Anything with the 'M' word in it, seems to be too sensitive these days. :roll:
 
#7
Fallschirmjager said:
Same as what happened to a similar thread the other day. Any mention of muslims, the BNP or immigrants is binned. Head in the sand springs to mind. No doubt this thread will be deleted.
Damn Fally! you been on a clerks' course or something? Fine speed typing there. :D
 

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
#9
You can't criticize Islamists or anti- fascists on here, thats clear enough. It's not freedom of speech here though is it? Threads disappear all the time. My first ever thread about the banning of the book of Aisha (Mohammeds favourite wife, who was 9 when they married) was pulled when it got too 'controversial'. Just the way it is really...
 
#10
lsquared said:
Recce19 said:
lsquared said:
The thread seems to have been 'pulled'. Too sensitive probably.
Anything with the 'M' word in it, seems to be too sensitive these days. :roll:
Must not mention masturbation eh?
you can mention masturbating but not "masturbating Muslims"

Actually PTP has decreed that anything to do with "Race" is banned and the poster could get banned as well.
 

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#11
Command_doh said:
You can't criticize Islamists or anti- fascists on here, its just the way it is. It's not freedom of speech here though is it? Threads disappear all the time. My first ever thread about the banning of the book of Aisha (Mohammeds favourite wife, who was 9 when they married) was pulled when it got to 'controversial'. Just the way it is really...
I manged to get my paws on that book, The Jewel of Medina, to see what all the fuss was about. TBH it should have been banned simply on the quality of its prose alone. The most inexorable Mills and Boon type drivel I have ever encountered. It made Dan Browne look like a potential Nobel Laureate.
 

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
#12
rampant said:
Command_doh said:
You can't criticize Islamists or anti- fascists on here, its just the way it is. It's not freedom of speech here though is it? Threads disappear all the time. My first ever thread about the banning of the book of Aisha (Mohammeds favourite wife, who was 9 when they married) was pulled when it got to 'controversial'. Just the way it is really...
I manged to get my paws on that book, The Jewel of Medina, to see what all the fuss was about. TBH it should have been banned simply on the quality of its prose alone. The most inexorable Mills and Boon type drivel I have ever encountered. It made Dan Browne look like a potential Nobel Laureate.
Thanks for that. I was kind of half interested (Islamism and related matter is a hobby, rather tragically) in grabbing a copy, but will avoid it if its all Barbara Cartland sh1te.
 
#13
RangeStew said:
Actually PTP has decreed that anything to do with "Race" is banned and the poster could get banned as well.
Fair enough, but neither 'fascists' or 'muslims' are words describing 'race'. One is an ill defined political persuasion and t'other may be describe adherents to a religion.

My 'race' is constantly lampooned on here or even worse, but so what? I win the day every time - why? Because I am Welsh!!!!
 
#14
Command_doh said:
You can't criticize Islamists or anti- fascists on here, thats clear enough. It's not freedom of speech here though is it? Threads disappear all the time. My first ever thread about the banning of the book of Aisha (Mohammeds favourite wife, who was 9 when they married) was pulled when it got too 'controversial'. Just the way it is really...
I thought they were married when she was 6 and then he consumated the marriage when she was 9.
 

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#15
DesktopCommando said:
Command_doh said:
You can't criticize Islamists or anti- fascists on here, thats clear enough. It's not freedom of speech here though is it? Threads disappear all the time. My first ever thread about the banning of the book of Aisha (Mohammeds favourite wife, who was 9 when they married) was pulled when it got too 'controversial'. Just the way it is really...
I thought they were married when she was 6 and then he consumated the marriage when she was 9.
Betrothed when 6, married at the age of 9/10. She was the prophet's 2nd or 3rd wife.

Remember child marriage was a common occurence in all cultures during that period of history. And still is in Utah, Africa, New Guinea and many other places.
 
#17
woodandy3 said:
so who is it that actually gets to use this free speech i have heard of ????
:D

To be fair this is a private forum, supplied by private individuals who set their own laws and restrictions. By posting on here you agree by their rules and regs ;)

But I can see your point about wanting to chat about life the universe and everything.
 
#18
woodandy3 said:
so who is it that actually gets to use this free speech i have heard of ????
Freedom of speech is exactly that, speech. What you are demanding is the right to have your comments published by the website, the consequences of which would be borne by the CO's.
 
#19
CQMS said:
woodandy3 said:
so who is it that actually gets to use this free speech i have heard of ????
Freedom of speech is exactly that, speech. What you are demanding is the right to have your comments published by the website, the consequences of which would be borne by the CO's.
i haven't demanded anything or commented on the invisible thread even though i read it! i'm just a bit confused on why threads and comments on threads just dissapear! fook me egg shells or what!??
sad times for an army or ex army forum!

edited to add ! the CO's do a great job but come on are we not allowed to express opinion??
 
#20
Welcome to the world of 'elf and safety.
 

Latest Threads