Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Cabana, Sep 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :censored: Why the fcuk was the Muslims and Facists Rioting in Harrow thread set so that only moderators can reply?
    I thought this place was better then that and free from the overly PC world out there. I am suprised and disappointed in the ARRSE moderators for that overly PC action.
    =( :roll:
  2. The thread seems to have been 'pulled'. Too sensitive probably.
  3. Thank the Padre, amongst a few others.
  4. Same as what happened to a similar thread the other day. Any mention of muslims, the BNP or immigrants is binned. Head in the sand springs to mind. No doubt this thread will be deleted.
  5. Anything with the 'M' word in it, seems to be too sensitive these days. :roll:
  6. so who is it that actually gets to use this free speech i have heard of ????
  7. Damn Fally! you been on a clerks' course or something? Fine speed typing there. :D
  8. Must not mention masturbation eh?
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

You can't criticize Islamists or anti- fascists on here, thats clear enough. It's not freedom of speech here though is it? Threads disappear all the time. My first ever thread about the banning of the book of Aisha (Mohammeds favourite wife, who was 9 when they married) was pulled when it got too 'controversial'. Just the way it is really...
  10. you can mention masturbating but not "masturbating Muslims"

Actually PTP has decreed that anything to do with "Race" is banned and the poster could get banned as well.
  11. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I manged to get my paws on that book, The Jewel of Medina, to see what all the fuss was about. TBH it should have been banned simply on the quality of its prose alone. The most inexorable Mills and Boon type drivel I have ever encountered. It made Dan Browne look like a potential Nobel Laureate.
  12. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for that. I was kind of half interested (Islamism and related matter is a hobby, rather tragically) in grabbing a copy, but will avoid it if its all Barbara Cartland sh1te.
  13. Fair enough, but neither 'fascists' or 'muslims' are words describing 'race'. One is an ill defined political persuasion and t'other may be describe adherents to a religion.

My 'race' is constantly lampooned on here or even worse, but so what? I win the day every time - why? Because I am Welsh!!!!
  14. I thought they were married when she was 6 and then he consumated the marriage when she was 9.
  15. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Betrothed when 6, married at the age of 9/10. She was the prophet's 2nd or 3rd wife.

Remember child marriage was a common occurence in all cultures during that period of history. And still is in Utah, Africa, New Guinea and many other places.