Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

PC Andrew Harper.

Lissie Harper is campaigning for ‘Andrew‘s Law‘, which would mean anyone convicted of killing a member of the emergency services would receive a mandatory life sentence.

i hope it gains traction, my only concern is that murder convictions, in such instances, may be less likely.

I‘d prefer to see sentences doubled for any offence against a member of the emergency services.

Why? Is it half as tragic if it had been the farmer or a good samaritan who'd tried to stop the crime and was killed in the same circumstances?

It’s not about the person. It’s about trying to deter an attack on the state and allowing public servants to get on with their work for the benefit of the country.

Why? Is it half as tragic if it had been the farmer or a good samaritan who'd tried to stop the crime and was killed in the same circumstances?
Clearly you don't put your life on the line every day - and your loved ones always know that you have a good chance of coming home when the working day finishes.

Yes, because you or I can choose to get involved or not. Members of the emergency services put themselves in danger so we don't have to.

Well, see above. They're guidelines which are to be followed, unless there's a good reason not to.

If the judge had interpreted the sentencing ''guidelines'' in the same manner the firearms licencing teams in each county interpret the HO licencing ''guidelines'', all three would have swung...if only...

The "emailaprisoner" system is not a raving success unfortunately but, one can still write letters (which is a good idea because a letter can be written like a diary) for those with close relatives.
Why is it not a success?
It's cheaper & quicker than letters & a lot easier for staff to monitor & deal with in general.