Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC Andrew Harper.

Here's an explaination (mixed opinion and fact, but it's easy enough to see which is which):

At the end of the day, Lady Justice is just another whore. She'll spread her legs for whoever can pay the most.

The main difference between a barrister and a working girl is that members of the Oldest Profession don't pretend they are motivated by altruism and public duty. ;)

Last edited:
You may well be right. I still feel as do many others that the law regarding attacks on officials doing their duty needs to be reformed, and that more deterrent sentencing is enacted to alter the present seemingly prevalent attitude that it is OK to have a go at them.

"attacks on officials doing their duty" is already an aggravating factor for determining sentencing. ie if it had been Farmer Parmer, quad-bike owner, dragged behind the car to his death the sentence would have been lower.

I have particular sympathy with the phrase "manufactured quotes". Back in the mid 90s a friend lost her three year old daughter in a particularly unpleasant accident. The circumstances were such that it made the national press. I was staying in a hotel with a number of colleagues at the time so we had pretty much all of the Sunday papers to work through and each paper quoted my friend. All the quotes were different, some using language that tabloid journalists think that real people use but which she would certainly not have. My kid sister who witnessed the accident told me that everyone was refusing to speak to the press at the time, and that my friend was under sedation so physically couldn't speak to them. I've been wary of any newspaper "quotes" since then.
I once read that "an anonymous source" can (should?) be usually be interpreted as "a made up person" - and that 99% of the time any newspaper headline that ends in a question mark can safely and accurately be answered with the word "No".

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
"attacks on officials doing their duty" is already an aggravating factor for determining sentencing. ie if it had been Farmer Parmer, quad-bike owner, dragged behind the car to his death the sentence would have been lower.
No-one would have been charged, let alone sentenced.
They were only arrested because the police were on the scene and chasing.

Had PC Harper not tried to prevent the theft he'd have been alive now.

If the police wouldn't try to stop certain groups from getting their money by traditional means they'd not get hurt.

The TPV coroner ruled it was death by misadventure.

Let them have legal aid, so long as they have to pay it back when found to be lying through their teeth.

Or when a guilty verdict is reached would be more logical.
How will that work then? Manchester Bomber (for example in jail until nearly eighty years old...

Three pikeys who know nothing but thieving as a source of income... 8 -10 years inside (minimum) then back to thievery.

Are prison ‘wages' that good?

elovabloke

ADC
How will that work then? Manchester Bomber (for example in jail until nearly eighty years old...

Three pikeys who know nothing but thieving as a source of income... 8 -10 years inside (minimum) then back to thievery.

Who cares, just take whatever they earn. Means they have nothing to buy the illicit things available in the nick.

Mattb

LE
Or when a guilty verdict is reached would be more logical.
So you want to disadvantage poorer people accused of crimes, whilst allowing the rich to break the law with relative impunity in comparison?

Anywhere between £9 & £30 per week.
No work, no pay.

Interesting that these scrotes got significantly longer sentences (and deservedly so) but are what I would expected PC Harpers killers to get as a minimum, guess it comes down to grey areas of the law on intent Teens sentenced to life after stabbing Yorkshire man a hundred times | ITV News

A really quite harrowing account in Yorkshire Live. As with PC Harper, the sentences are far from adequate - nothing less than whole life terms would satisfy the public’s sense of 'justice done'.

Sentencing remarks not published yet but it will interesting to see how Lavender J arrived at the sentences he passed. No doubt he did the best he could given the ages of the two pieces of shit.

A really quite harrowing account in Yorkshire Live. As with PC Harper, the sentences are far from adequate - nothing less than whole life terms would satisfy the public’s sense of 'justice done'.

Sentencing remarks not published yet but it will interesting to see how Lavender J arrived at the sentences he passed. No doubt he did the best he could given the ages of the two pieces of shit.
Having read the families impact statement, there's no doubt that some "people" don't deserve a place on this earth.

Latest Threads