Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC Andrew Harper.

IMHO their will be little
The pikey camp these a##holes are from is very close to my house. There were so many robberies in my area in the weeks before, mainly targeting the elderly which there is a lot of down my lane. We fairly often see some old pikey bat with a child in tow trying to nick steak from the local shop also.

2 weeks before the PC Harper incident on a Saturday afternoon we caught one trying to jump out of our window with my work laptop under his arm. My other half who is 5ft 1 jumped out after him, I was around the side of the house at the time and turned up just in time to see him punch her in the face. Needless to say I managed to get a nice claret red dna sample out of him. Thames Valley Police were there pretty quick but we were fortunate enough to have some MOD Police from AWE passing through the village who heard it on the radio so came to assist. There was also a DC in plain clothes having a mooch about the area as there had been so many break ins.

Basically they are a f**king scourge, and all the little scrotes from local villages that seem to want to hang around with them.
There I was thinking the MOD Plod are the civvie version of the MPGS... so they are good for something other than stagging on?

Must have been an oppertunity not to be missed to deal with thieving pikies

No, like most of us, he just thinks you're a dick.
You remind of a guy who drinks at my local.

Has no no friends mainly but he's a judgemental peen-arse.

I had a quarrel with him because I recieve PIPS and he thinks just because I can do back flips I'm not entitled to disability benefits.

No. Pretty much given a pat on the back by the two detectives who came to take a statement. One of them was pretty pleased I'd got his blood on my clothing. They even laughed when they found out after he managed to get free I went after him a second time with a concrete garden ornament.

Unfortunately that doesn’t fit in with the narrative that some people have about the police.

Well done matey.

IMHO their will be little

There I was thinking the MOD Plod are the civvie version of the MPGS... so they are good for something other than stagging on?

Must have been an oppertunity not to be missed to deal with thieving pikies

AWE is meant to be a boring posting. Always a lot of them patrolling about the area rather than just guarding the actual site. I'm sure they assisted the night PC Harper was killed, they certainly must have had some mutual support from nearby forces for the amount of bodies they had at the travellers site so quick.

AWE is meant to be a boring posting. Always a lot of them patrolling about the area rather than just guarding the actual site. I'm sure they assisted the night PC Harper was killed, they certainly must have had some mutual support from nearby forces for the amount of bodies they had at the travellers site so quick.

Hampshire made 10 of the 11 arrests. No MDP involvement.

ETA: A small number of MDP units did assist.

Last edited:
In terms of sentencing... For the murder of Ms keeley Bunker (20), Wesley Streete has today been handed a life sentence with a minimum of 30 years before parole eligibility (29 years and a few weeks remaining as time on remand (319 days) remand is counted as time served

Additionally, Streete has been given sentences totalling 19 years and 3 months for:
  • Count 2: Rape of Keeley Bunker - 10 years' imprisonment
  • Count 3: Rape of victim 2: two years 6 months' imprisonment
  • Count 4: Sexual assault of victim 2 - 6 months' imprisonment
  • Count 5: Sexual assault of victim 2 - 6 months' imprisonment
  • Count 7: Sexual assault of victim 3 - 9 months' imprisonment
  • Count 8: Rape of victim 4 - 5 years' imprisonment
Counts 2,3,4,7 and 8 will run consecutively to one another. Count 5 will be concurrent to count 4.

I suspect that by the time Streete is released he will be an old man. How long before he appeals on the basis that arrest, conviction and the judge, jury and victims are all racist and thus he has been discriminated against? The Judge’s sentencing remarks have not yet been published in verbatim but good on the judge.

The poor sod was dragged along the road by the scum bags. They claimed they didn’t see him. Unfortunately the court couldn’t prove otherwise for such a tragic event.
They laughed and joked during the trial.
I’m quite but glad the inbred vermin got sentenced but no way was it enough.
The judge could have given them longer couldn’t he?

In terms of sentencing... For the murder of Ms keeley Bunker (20), Wesley Streete has today been handed a life sentence with a minimum of 30 years before parole eligibility (29 years and a few weeks remaining as time on remand (319 days) remand is counted as time served

I read he tried the old killed accidentally during sex card. That the best he could come up with?
30 year is a long time admittedly, he could still be out at 50 however.

I read he tried the old killed accidentally during sex card. That the best he could come up with?
30 year is a long time admittedly, he could still be out at 50 however.
With a single victim, a begrudging maybe but with his list of victims, you‘d like to think he will always be considered to a danger to the public by the parole board and thus be kept in prison until his dick falls off.

We can but hope.

The judge could have given them longer couldn’t he?

No, that's just it. As noted above the judge said it was the most serious count of manslaughter you could commit, and gave the highest sentence he could award. From sentencing guidelines there he had to discount it down due to a guilty plea and the lesser role (and age) the two others played.

They should have got more, but that's more a reflection that the injustice in my eyes is they got found guilty of manslaughter and not murder.

Mattb

LE
Isn't assuming that Romanian Roma and Irish Travellers are exactly the same a teeny tiny bit... racist?
A slightly cynical viewpoint is that combining relatively-law-abiding Gyspies in with Irish Travellers drops the average crime rate for the latter group...
They should have got more, but that's more a reflection that the injustice in my eyes is they got found guilty of manslaughter and not murder
Why? Sounds like the dictionary definition of manslaughter to me - they didn't have any particular intent to end his life, but carried on in a way that was clearly likely to end in death. The issue is that the manslaughter tarrifs are too low.

Last edited:

Bob65

War Hero
Why? Sounds like the dictionary definition of manslaughter to me - they didn't have any particular intent to end his life, but carried on in a way that was clearly likely to end in death. The issue is that the manslaughter tarrifs are too low.

Killing someone whilst in the middle of doing another crime was once automatically considered murder, and IMHO should be again.

Mattb

LE
Killing someone whilst in the middle of doing another crime was once automatically considered murder, and IMHO should be again.
It's swings and roundabouts really - I'd consider it as serious as murder, so shouldbe sentenced similarly. I have no issue with its classification as manslaughter though.

It's swings and roundabouts really - I'd consider it as serious as murder, so shouldbe sentenced similarly. I have no issue with its classification as manslaughter though.
At its upper limit, the sentence available for manslaughter is not hugely different that of murder in reality as shown:

Manslaughter:
Life with a minimum term of 24 years before parole eligibility.​

Murder:
Life with a minimum of 30 years before parole eligibility.​
Both sentences above will be discounted for mitigating factors

There is a Whole Life Order (21 years of age and greater) but its use is relatively rare and even had they been convicted of murder and were over 21 years old at the time of the offence, the killing of PC Harper would be unlikely to attract this sentence.

Think of West, Bellfield, Shipman, Huntley, Brady and Hindley as examples of the crimes attracting whole life orders.

Cases that would normally fall into this category include:​
  • the murder of two or more people where each murder involves a substantial degree of premeditation/planning, abduction of the victim, or sexual or sadistic conduct
  • the murder of a child involving the abduction of the child or sexual or sadistic motivation
  • murder committed to advance a political/religious/racial/ideological cause;
  • murder committed by a defendant with a previous conviction for murder.

Mattb

LE
At its upper limit, the sentence available for manslaughter is not hugely different that of murder in reality as shown:

Manslaughter:
Life with a minimum term of 24 years before parole eligibility.​

Murder:
Life with a minimum of 30 years before parole eligibility.​
Both sentences above will be discounted for mitigating factors

There is a Whole Life Order (21 years of age and greater) but its use is relatively rare and even had they been convicted of murder and were over 21 years old at the time of the offence, the killing of PC Harper would be unlikely to attract this sentence.

Think of West, Bellfield, Shipman, Huntley, Brady and Hindley as examples of the crimes attracting whole life orders.

Cases that would normally fall into this category include:​
  • the murder of two or more people where each murder involves a substantial degree of premeditation/planning, abduction of the victim, or sexual or sadistic conduct
  • the murder of a child involving the abduction of the child or sexual or sadistic motivation
  • murder committed to advance a political/religious/racial/ideological cause;
  • murder committed by a defendant with a previous conviction for murder.
The max sentence might not be much different, but I'm far from convinced that the sentencing guidelines are close - unless the mitigation would really have gotten them out of a life sentence if it had been murder?

The max sentence might not be much different, but I'm far from convinced that the sentencing guidelines are close - unless the mitigation would really have gotten them out of a life sentence if it had been murder?
I don’t think you are seeing the life sentence for what it is...

Long’s very early admission of guilt for example was the biggest single mitigation - that would apply to the judge’s minimum term to be served of a life sentence whether convicted of murder or manslaughter.

So no, the mitigation discount does not change the fact that a life sentence has been passed, it does not change a life sentence to a determinate sentence* and it does not change the fact that a life sentence is for life insofar as the released ’lifer' remains on licence for the rest of his/her life.

*an ordinary determinate sentence carries with it an automatic release at the halfway point where a life sentence carries no entitlement to release ever but the ’lifer’ becomes eligible to be considered for release on licence at the minimum term point.

There are a couple of variations of the determinate sentence that still fall short of life but impose a guaranteed minimum term rather than half (the judge in the PC Harper case used one in fact - an 'extended determinate sentence’.

Latest Threads