PC Andrew Harper.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Not a good example. That was the worst camp in a firmament of cruelty. Prisoners were worked to death, extremely brutally and for no real purpose.
Mitalbau/Dora was up there. Traffic cops tonight C5, prolific burgler waste of oxygen multiple arrests assault on police, unreformable, what would you do with it?

I must have mis-heard an advert (on Absolute DAB) whilst I was driving earlier today. I could have sworn that the ad for the Police referred to the Police Service as a force. Anyone else, or was it just me?

No, you're right.

"I am a force for good"
"I am a force for peace"
"I am a force for safety" and so on. Quite inspiring, really, after the the recent decades.

I must have mis-heard an advert (on Absolute DAB) whilst I was driving earlier today. I could have sworn that the ad for the Police referred to the Police Service as a force. Anyone else, or was it just me?
As mentioned below your post.All part of the new recruitment drive.

No, you're right.

"I am a force for good"
"I am a force for peace"
"I am a force for safety" and so on. Quite inspiring, really, after the the recent decades.
Looks like someone's realised that the softer image they've been chasing might be the teeeeeniest bit counterproductive.

Looks like someone's realised that the softer image they've been chasing might be the teeeeeniest bit counterproductive.
The softer image that has been forced on them by politicians, The Courts, The IOPC, sections of The Media and pressure groups.

The softer image that has been forced on them by politicians, The Courts, The IOPC, sections of The Media and pressure groups.
Same with other services, which are also (slowly) starting to push back against the horseshit being imposed from up above.

No, you're right.

"I am a force for good"
"I am a force for peace"
That ad is going out over some of the online internet radio channels as well.

How many no go areas do you know of near you? Who lives there and what crimes do they commit? I know of a number in NW Cambs that the police (some of whom are friends of mine) won't tackle. In my opinion these must be dealt with severely with enough force to show that these are not refuges that there inhabitants can run to. Any views or suggestions?

Armed troops,
equipped as for a full scale riot, just being there, standing silent, shoulder to shoulder, tooled up, in plain view , should be enough to put across the fact, that the authorities mean business, and are prepared to use it to the full extent of the law,........... if a few heads get busted in the process.............

Last edited:

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
Armed troops, equipped as for a full scale riot, just being there, standing silent, shoulder to shoulder, tooled up, in plain view , should be enough to put across the fact, that the authorities mean business, and are prepared to use it to the full extent of the law,........... if a few heads get busted in the process.............
Precisely. You speak my language.

And if any snowflakes, tree huggers, anarchists, or any other so-called activists or darlings of the left object, they can go and do one.

I would say 'Where did you get a picture of our Shift Briefing?' but we never have that many coppers on duty...
Excellent. The coppers standard picture on retirement. Tiny plaque front and centre. If your conduct was considered “exemplary” it may be handed out by the Chief Constable. If your conduct was less than the above, it would come in the post.
I had no idea this existed until I left the Boys in Blue, and got a stifficate with “exemplary “ on it from the CC posted to my house. A proud moment indeed.
It’s some time ago now, but I think my postie enjoyed a beer with me.

I would say 'Where did you get a picture of our Shift Briefing?' but we never have that many coppers on duty...
My bold sadly so true in many areas. A few years ago one of my shooting friends was a TV Inspector based in Reading & I remember him telling me That often on a saturday evening when Reading FC were in the premiership and 50 - 60 thousand fans were in town apart from the tens of thousand saturday night revellers who came from miles around for the pubs & clubs, he would be lucky to get around 10 men on the evening shift, often including a couple of specials.

Last edited:

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Armed troops, equipped as for a full scale riot, just being there, standing silent, shoulder to shoulder, tooled up, in plain view , should be enough to put across the fact, that the authorities mean business, and are prepared to use it to the full extent of the law,........... if a few heads get busted in the process.............
It is difficult for local police to go in for riot control and then return a couple of days later and try to keep people talking to them.However , the use of troops in a MACP is a huge step. Might the answer be to have RMP units used as a regional gendarmerie for public order?

Last edited:
It is difficult for local police to go in for riot control and then return a couple of days later and try to keep people talking to them.However , the use of troops in a MACP is a huge step. Might the answer be to have RMP units used as a regional gendarmerie for public order?
There are about 1500 of them and they have no where near the level of experience or training in Public Order Tactics that the Police have. Not really a starter.