PC Andrew Harper.

Justice would be the cnuts being dragged for a mile at 50 mph along the middle lane of the M4 in front of temporary grand stands with all ticket proceeds then being spent on molotov cocktails to go and ensure that the pikey camp they came from (and as many others as possible) was kept toasty warm this coming winter.

But we are a nation of namby pamby liberals now, so no such luck.
It could be argued that would be 'revenge' or 'retribution', not 'justice'.

Justice would be holding them in cells until they are the age that poor PC Harper would have been when he could have retired. At that point they could be considered for release if they demonstrated guilt and remorse for killing PC Harper.

It could be argued that would be 'revenge' or 'retribution', not 'justice'.

Justice would be holding them in cells until they are the age that poor PC Harper would have been when he could have retired. At that point they could be considered for release if they demonstrated guilt and remorse for killing PC Harper.
I'd accept a composite of our solutions - bang them up until they are PC Harper's age, and then switch to my plan, rather than release. Make sure they are fully aware of what's coming whilst they are in nick.

Less than they deserved but more than I thought they might get. Yes, a life sentence with a minimum term of say 20 years would have been a good result. But that would be unlikely even if they'd been convicted of murder. With any luck they'll continue to act stupid while serving their sentence, and the parole board will see through their claims of remorse the same way the judge did.

I'd accept a composite of our solutions - bang them up until they are PC Harper's age, and then switch to my plan, rather than release. Make sure they are fully aware of what's coming whilst they are in nick.
Might I recommend the Japanese system of the death penalty?
Its not used very often, but no execution date is given, thus the scrote wakes up every morning not knowing whether today's the day or not...
The scope for wind ups would tax even some of the most hardened arrsers.

And on to the Ignore list you go. I'll leave you with one final piece of advice, though; on the day you finally work up the courage to do the decent thing and make the world a better place, remember - it's down, not across.
Cheers easy, you must feel enormously proud of yourself, telling some one in the internet to kill themselves, top tip for you my trolly chasing fella,

Less than they deserved but more than I thought they might get. Yes, a life sentence with a minimum term of say 20 years would have been a good result. But that would be unlikely even if they'd been convicted of murder. With any luck they'll continue to act stupid while serving their sentence, and the parole board will see through their claims of remorse the same way the judge did.
if you read the sentencing they were sentenced to the highest, but discounted due to age.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
It is unfortunate that this is already yesterday's news and the general public (as well as those who post on here) will have soon forgotten all about what happened until the next time someone is murdered (my interpretation because I do not believe those thugs were not aware of the policeman being dragged).
In the meantime those who like to call themselves travellers will go their merry way ignoring the law and violently damaging, looting, thieving and murdering aided by their supporters who seem to prefer the anarchists' way of life.
I shall now go back to reading the morning's paper and promise to stop being furious about what has happened.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Justice would be the cnuts being dragged for a mile at 50 mph along the middle lane of the M4 in front of temporary grand stands with all ticket proceeds then being spent on molotov cocktails to go and ensure that the pikey camp they came from (and as many others as possible) was kept toasty warm this coming winter.

But we are a nation of namby pamby liberals now, so no such luck.
Careful now a certain mod might put you on ropes for suggesting that.
Ive been watching The Tudors and I think we should be considering bringing back either or both of Burnt at the Stake, Hanged drawn and quartered. Folk including children came from miles around to witness such punishment.
Today it could also go on pay per view. Proceeds going to the victims family.

But seriously until these bloody guide lines are destroyed and we go back to the judge been able to give proper sentences and no time off, so 20 years means 20 years we as honest law abiding citizens will never see proper justice.

Theft I think carries a maximum sentence of seven years, but when was the last time someone got that?

I'm inclined to agree with. The system isn't robust enough for capital punishment.
I'd also argue that LWOP is possibly a fate worse than death.

For me the fact the victim was a police officer makes no difference. I'm just fed up with these recidivest scum bags.
I've watched a few prison documentaries and the like. Perhaps if we took those that were willing and gave them some proper qualifications and skills, then released them with a job at a government backed business so then they could pay back to society and then be able to support themselves by honest means.
Petty thief gets released, trained as a plumber and spends first 2 yrs working on social housing. Maybe something like that.
It would have to be away from the area where they were before, or there's far to high a risk of just going back to their old ways.

Careful now a certain mod might put you on ropes for suggesting that.
Ive been watching The Tudors and I think we should be considering bringing back either or both of Burnt at the Stake, Hanged drawn and quartered. Folk including children came from miles around to witness such punishment.
Today it could also go on pay per view. Proceeds going to the victims family.

But seriously until these bloody guide lines are destroyed and we go back to the judge been able to give proper sentences and no time off, so 20 years means 20 years we as honest law abiding citizens will never see proper justice.

Theft I think carries a maximum sentence of seven years, but when was the last time someone got that?
Are you serious? if so you could move your family to Saudi Arabia, or Syria and join ISIS.

Genuine question. How much time before a trial do the defence and prosecution counsel have in order to prepare themselves for a trial? Is it days, weeks, months or just a couple of hours?
Entirely depends on the type & severity of the case, ranging from say a rape & murder in which case the accused could be remanded in custody for months pending trial if thought to be a risk to the public, or flight risk, or indeed a risk to themselves.
On the other hand, just a few weeks if EG it was something like causing death by dangerous driving while pissed or whatever...1st offender. Could be remanded ( unlikely) or bailed to appear for what is known as a Pleading Diet...not trial yet.
Equally, a guy busting up a pub on a Friday, or do a Breach of Peace of a weekend, night well get locked up over the weekend to sober up and be disposed of in front of a Magistrate with a duty brief on a ( busy!) Monday.
The holding cells below the Courts are priceless for the craic on Mondays. Full of 100% innocents......usually have zero recollection of why they got lifted.
Just depends....
Spent many years as a part-qualified Para Legal in Falkirk..so I've spent....a long time in various prisons!;)

Last edited:
Maybe we need a new offence - "Causing death whilst committing a crime" whether the death is caused with malice or not.
Commit a crime, an innocent person dies and you go down for life.
That’s essentially what manslaughter is.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Less of the silly, and as for old Twonk, I wear that badge with pride, as my grand kids all call me " Grumpy granddad".
You and me both, I got this as a birthday present:
1596270653024.png

It is unfortunate that this is already yesterday's news and the general public (as well as those who post on here) will have soon forgotten all about what happened
Well, not quite.
BBC are running the story now; with a view to making involvement in death of a Police Officer an automatic life sentence.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Got home last night and saw the sentences. Irrespective of the 'rules' of our land, and in the simplest words, the guilty got off lightly.

Those lawyers are merely paying their dues before the big money starts to roll in, and everyone knows it. Kier Starmer QC is a multi-millionaire knight of the realm.
And legitimately earned it, too. He also led on a number of complex terrorist prosecutions.
I'm no Labour supporter but his credentials are pretty imoressive and he will, I hope, will keep the Government to account.

Bob65

War Hero
And legitimately earned it, too. He also led on a number of complex terrorist prosecutions.
I'm no Labour supporter but his credentials are pretty imoressive and he will, I hope, will keep the Government to account.
That's as maybe, but it does give the lie to the "poor underpaid lawyers" narrative. They are very richly rewarded from the public purse once they are established in their careers.

Latest Threads