PayPal Issues With Donate/Ads Free ARRSE

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Oct 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I noticed in the shouty ads thread that people have been having problems using paypal either via the Donate page and/or Ads Free ARRSE. Obviously this isn't great so I'm trying to figure out more about the problem!

We know that some people hate Paypal and therefore don't want to have an account with them, which is fine. I hope people are also aware that you can pay via this means without one as long as you have a CC/Debit card?

I've attached a screenshot below which shows how this is done
    Hopefully this clears up this problem but if not then please let me know more details in this thread.
  2. I tried that but as my account is offshore it would not accept the payment process for a Debit or Credit card, something to do with the way Barclays Isle of Man set up the payment address rather than a fault at Paypal (have had the same problem with British Airways and a few others). Barclays do not seem to want to change their system so EFT is the only way.

As you know this has worked very well and so long as you are happy to give out the account details it is quick and effective.
  3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I tried it but it just loops round and puts you back into Paypal. I'll drop you a note and get some details for an electronic transfer. Probably not for a few days, as work so interferes with the ARRSEing classes!