Paying mess bills... but no mess!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by fazzy, Jul 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hard to explain but.....
    1. I pay a mess bill
    2. We have no mess to step foot into.
    3. Paid when on tour as well

There must be something in QR's stating.. no mess... no bill.
    It is slightly more complicated but all in all the 3 pts above stand.

2. Stop paying for your mess then and get banned from it.

Lets face it - you won't miss it!

CC_TA

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

You are always part of a Mess as either a Senior or Officer. What are you?

QRs says you pay every day you are in the Army.

4. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

He is right - if a mess does not exist and you pay for it - it is fraud. Claim all monies back and transfer to a real mess. Get your Bde G1 Disc involved. Worked for me!!

5. If you do not have a "local Mess" to attend/be a member of don't you become part of the Central Mess for your Cap Badge?

Edited for spelling!!!

6. The spanner thrown in..... we have mess meeting... we have no mess, no pool table.. no bar.... no accom.. you get the picture.

7. So, during your Mess Meeting is a financial statement read out informing you where this money is/has gone?

8. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

I refer to my earlier post. If there is no real mess, you are being "ripped off" or fraudently having money taken off you that you are not receiving the level of return one can reasonably expect.

Therefore, claim all back and put all into an alternative mess. eases the pain you have played the game.

9. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Same as any other tour I've been on. One of my more memorable Mess Meetings was in a hollow in the sand a couple of minutes walk away from BHQ in the outer reaches of Kuwait. No mess....no pool table..no bar..no accom (less a roll mat at a wheel station).

You should pay reduced rates but you will pay subs for the period you are away for a Mess that you are a member of.

Unless you are infering that you have no access to a Mess and you are in the UK?

10. :!: I am sure there is something in QRs that if there is no physical mess then no you don't pay a mess bill. That is what happens at our place. We currently don't have a mess and our financial balance from previous mess bills is in it's thousands. Hopefully when we eventually get one it will be gucci, either that or robots will be running the army.

11. It goes on to tell you more at the link below (Sgts page 146, Offrs page 144) but in a nutshell You have to belong to a Mess and the CO decides on the amount of subscriptions to be paid.

http://www.army.mod.uk/linkedfiles/combined_services_sport/queens_regulations_incl_a27.doc

Its a big Doc 3.27MB may take a while to load