Paying for court mounting of medals (not miniatures)?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by SLRbloke, May 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been informed by an ex-RQMS that the army should pay for mounting of medals. I haved recently received LSGC and on enquiry through my QMs department in Bulford, I have been told that I must pay myself for the military tailor to mount them. Is there any rules that suggest otherwise, if so, where can i find it to show our clothing store/tailors, or must i bite the bullet and pay?? The rest of my medals are already court mounted.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
  2. I've just got my LS&GC, Telic and will be getting Herrick soon, and have been asking the same questions. Our tailor will swing mount them (or whatever its called) and the QM's will pick up the bill. If i want to court mount them, i must pay. I also asked why the QM's didnt pay the normal charge, with those wanting court mounting picking up the difference - got told to wind it in but i did think it was a fair point.

Hope that helps!
  4. When NATO medals were first issued many units paid for court mounting because the NATO ribbon was slightly narrower than standard British ones, leading to NATO medals hanging 'wonky'.
  5. Simple solution, transfer to the Household Division and get the Master Tailor to do it!!