• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Paying for body armour??

A yank with a nephew in the guards just asked the following question over on another forum i frequent.

Ok i've been out a few years but is his nephew winding him up or what?

Good Day

This question is directed at any still serving British soldier

My nephew joined the coldstream guards and is now a sniper and his first tour is in Iraq, He asked me about US Body Armour and it seems that he has to pay something towards getting the british Armour, is this the case, and what should i look for in decent Body Armour for an eager 18 year old.

Sniper or not, his body armour is standard issue. He may well have enquired if there is better on the market, but he will be issued body armour prior to his tour.

Boney

:? I thought an 18 year old sniper was called a WALT... do they do sniping just after field craft in guards basic these days? :? :roll:

they may have handed him the lsw and he has swallowed the lie that its a
sort of sniper weapon thing now :lol: .
There was a case of a qa having to pay for plates as they werent issused to her but she signed for them not knowing what they were :roll: sounds a bit odd.

E

error_unknown

cdo_gunner said:
A yank with a nephew in the guards just asked the following question over on another forum i frequent.

Ok i've been out a few years but is his nephew winding him up or what?

Good Day

This question is directed at any still serving British soldier

My nephew joined the coldstream guards and is now a sniper and his first tour is in Iraq, He asked me about US Body Armour and it seems that he has to pay something towards getting the british Armour, is this the case, and what should i look for in decent Body Armour for an eager 18 year old.
Sounds like some kind of scam by the 'sniper'.

Does doesn't it CP.

Couple of people questioned the 18, sniper bit and he replied:-

All i know is that he excelled at the range and did sniper training, he passed out with honours. Ill find out somemore information and post.

let you all know what and if he replies.