• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Paying for batmen

Hi everyone.

I recently passed RCB - it was easy, god knows what the fuss is all about - and I have recently received a letter from Sandbags discussing report dates and such.

My question is this - how much do batmen cost? I've had a look at how much we get paid and I'm a little concerned at being able to pay my man, even though he's a lower rank and probably delighted to be doing the job and getting some gambling money. My Mother and Father have said I must pay for my own man.

Is there an acceptable minimum that we can pay them?

Help gratefully received. MAny thanks!

Thank you for a response.

£25? But the minimum wage (over 22) is £5.05, rising to £5.35. That's why I'd been keen to get a Private soldier as they are younger and cost less.

Wait till you get there and you'll soon find one even among the other officer cadets. There's one there now, none of whose family have ever got any cash in their pockets. He might be glad of the chance to earn a few thousand in the run up to Christmas. I'm not sure of his name, can anyone help?

I come from a long line of Batman, we've have batted for many officers including Horatio Nelson.. my price 37k per annum

FO, I hope sincerely this is a wah, or you are going to nice cosy household division/cav regiment where your ego will be protected from reality.

If you pass sandhurst and you're going to an inf regt, please post the time and date you will be meeting your PSgt so we can look for justifiable homicide reports in the papers.

On a more practical side, if you are expecting to have a batman, but do not have a private income, forget it, unless you get posted to a decent third world nation which has good quality domestic staff.

FO I can get a support train of Chinese just in case your batman is actually useless. That way you wouldn't have to pay him much at all as he would be more of a figurehead. Payment for the Chinese would be in you introducing me to polite society, which has always facinated me in a peering in through the windows sort of way.

Future_officer said:
Thank you Cuddles.

I am joining the King's Royal Hussars.
Ahem, you are not only possessed of a weak sense of humour but poor observational skills. You should have proffered your thanks to samllbrownprivates - same Avatar, different sort of cove.

Still luckily you are going to the cavalry...

U

uncle_ho

Future_officer said:
Hi everyone.

I recently passed RCB - it was easy, god knows what the fuss is all about - and I have recently received a letter from Sandbags discussing report dates and such.

My question is this - how much do batmen cost? I've had a look at how much we get paid and I'm a little concerned at being able to pay my man, even though he's a lower rank and probably delighted to be doing the job and getting some gambling money. My Mother and Father have said I must pay for my own man.

Is there an acceptable minimum that we can pay them?

Help gratefully received. MAny thanks!
First of all you need to sort out your terminology.
Officers don't have batmen. They have orderlies.
Warrant officers have batmen.
Secondly this is a very poor attempt at a wind up
Thirdly you are a fcuking c0ck.

Latest Threads