Paying for a new Guidon

Discussion in 'RAC' started by StumpyHussar, Jul 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have got this thead going on the Int Cell Int Cell clicky about my mob making us pay for a new Guidon after we'd had it for 20 years. The money was stopped from pay for about 2 years and I asked if anyone else has had to pay for one. Not much luck over there so wondered if it was a Cavalry thang?
  2. Nope, we never had a stoppage when we had our new Guidon, was that all ranks or just senior and Officers?
  3. Everyone except the attached black hats of course. Not sure but the Regemental Association was also involved in someway.
  4. You got done then.
  5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

6. I was always under the impression that new colours were presented by the Queen (Governmental cash), obviously confused. Unless it is a another cutback?

7. Are you sure you´re subbing the actual flag itself, are are you paying for the piss up, marquee hire, parachute display, purple helmet display, commemorative print, travel costs of Association to Germany etc etc that went with it?
  8. It happened in Tidworth so not that far to go really. We had an open do but nothing special. There was free booze in the evening but not two bloody years of pays worth. There were constant jokes about replacing it ourselves so it was the flag I'm sure of it.

Think I will ask my association for some answers.
  9. We had our presentation at Tidworth, massive marquee etc, and never paid for a thing. Maybe you were a poor Regiment :D Did you get the guidon from the Spar shop along with ready meals for 400 to go :p
  10. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Are you now talking about about paying for a replacement for the associations jobby? If so then thats another matter.
  11. I think we (QOY) paid for all of the above when we got ours, however, we raised the money by extracting 'donations' at every opportunity and not by stoppages from pay.
  12. Who got the original 11H Guidon presented by Queen Mother,in Hohne,'65?
  13. We may not have paid for it but mess bills were increased at the time to pay for everything else, except travel and accommodation for friends and family!
  14. It should be hanging in the church nearest to your Regimental Headquarters, IIRC. I have heard of them hanging in Regimental Museums but that was not the original plan (because Regimental Museums are a recent invention).