Paying a 3% increase in NHS salaries... viable?

Perhaps if you chose join the armed forces or even a medicinal professional you wouldn’t be on the internet arguing?

Having a dead wife who was a headteacher is ace, it’s also a little sad.
And in English. Why would I join a "Medicinal professional"? (Unless you mean shag a tall slim sexy nurse, which is something I've been doing for the past 20 years.)
Perhaps if you chose join the armed forces?
I suggest you put down your Brasso and Toilet Duck cocktail and go and polish your SPoTY award.

And in English. Why would I join a "Medicinal professional"? (Unless you mean shag a tall slim sexy nurse, which is something I've been doing for the past 20 years.)
Perhaps if you chose join the armed forces?
I suggest you put down your Brasso and Toilet Duck cocktail and go and polish your SPoTY award.
You seem to be very angry.

Balls to the NHS! The Services stepped up to help them out, where’s their pay rise? Border Force officers have been sneezed on, coughed at, spat on and generally treated like shyte throughout, they were the first contact when the virus hit the UK, where’s their pay rise?

_117483114_np-nc.jpg

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Balls to the NHS! The Services stepped up to help them out, where’s their pay rise? Border Force officers have been sneezed on, coughed at, spat on and generally treated like shyte throughout, they were the first contact when the virus hit the UK, where’s their pay rise?
This is about the nhs though.

I suspect there‘s more people bothered for nurses than the nurses themselves.

Jay Rayner is talking shite as we all know there's no promise on the side of the bus to give £350 mil to the NHS every week. That's just what the lefties want to believe.

However, given the amount of money the government has had to borrow over the Covid crisis I reckon that there's been a damn site more than £18 billion given to the NHS over the last year as well as to a hell of a lot of other industries.

Slime

LE
What do they think has been spent on the pandemic? Be more than a few red coaches.

I gave you a like for that as you said ‘coach’. :)

I can’t take financial complaints seriously from lefties/remainers who couldn’t tell the difference between a coach and a bus :)

Mrs is a senior nurse on 48K a year. However, it's salary she gets no overtime and during Covid has been doing 14 hours a day 6 days a week at the peak.
I'm a band 2, yet as a courier driver I can go into multiple locations that are Covid Red delivering stuff.

The NHS is going to haemorrhage staff massively in a very short time, people WILL leave the organisation because they know they are not respected or valued.

The majority of them on here read your post and straight away come to the conclusion that £48K is an average salary for nurses. You and I know that’s far from the truth.

Most nurses are on substantially less money. To be on £48K, you will be in a senior management role with responsibility for the professional direction of nursing and other caring staff working in in your area of responsibility.

You will also have professional responsibility for those staff carrying out their work to a sarisfactory standard that meets the stringent requirements for providing nursing care to patients.

That professional responsibility will also place patients in your managerial area under your direct supervision as well. Their day to day treatment and welfare stops at your door. If a mistake is made and someone dies, you could be held responsible or partially responsible and the repercussions on your career could be enormous and even terminal job wise.

An inquiry finding you at fault and your professional registration being revoked will see that £48K job suddenly transform into minimal wage filling shelves in a supermarket never mind the weight on your mind of a tragedy on your watch that should have been avoided!

How many nursing jobs are there on £48K. Like any profession, it’s about the level of responsibility and that kind of level will see you most likely in charge of a ward with a group of nurses and other staff including HCA’s and cleaners etc working under your direct control proving medical care to the patients in your ward.

All those personnel will be on substantially less money than the £48K that you earn for running the place.

I’ll add a quick word about agency nursing. There is a shortage of nurses at the moment and the agency rates are very good. In West London, the rates start at around £18 per hour and I’ve heard of £20, £22 and even £24 being offered. A couple of twelve shifts on that is pretty good.

Bear in mind that the higher rates are probably for night shifts and of course, there are no other benefits. You also have to travel to wherever the work is and fit yourself in with the regimes being operated there. Despite those things, as the nurse, you still have the legal responsibility for ensuring the proper medication in the right amount is given to patients in your care at the proper time.

Premium rates for agency nursing yes. But it isn’t always an easy option. Plus if the numbers of nurses going the agency route went up sufficiently, the rates would probably drop.

So all those on here wetting their pants about nurses on £48K really need to change their nappy’s and calm down. Because in the vast majority of instances, it ain’t so!

Last edited:

Latest Threads