Paying a 3% increase in NHS salaries... viable?

It's basically the same bunch of incompetent people is the point I'm making. I cant think of a single clinician that the CEO of a Trust - happy to stand corrected of course.
That’s because clinicians are busy clinicianing, and managers managing.

kandak01

Clanker
This will make a huge difference then:

And yes, it's going down really well....

I'm willing to bet the idea of a covid medal comes from some desk wallah in the echelons above reality, with their head completely up their own ar$e.
It's a pathetic ploy, and, like those fvcking useless little badges they gave us earlier, the idea will be met with contempt by virtually every recipient. We're not children to be placated with a gold star for playing nice.

I'm willing to bet the idea of a covid medal comes from some desk wallah in the echelons above reality, with their head completely up their own ar$e.
It's a pathetic ploy, and, like those fvcking useless little badges they gave us earlier, the idea will be met with contempt by virtually every recipient. We're not children to be placated with a gold star for playing nice.

Wait until someone gives you an NHS challenge coin, they were all the rage in the Army, a piece of metal costing about 2 quid, more than made up for the shit accommodation, the bullshit, the compulsory subs etc.

Mr_Relaxed

War Hero
Wait until someone gives you an NHS challenge coin, they were all the rage in the Army, a piece of metal costing about 2 quid, more than made up for the shit accommodation, the bullshit, the compulsory subs etc.
I’ve never really understood the coin, I see they’re doing them in the TA now as well.

If I gave one of my team a coin at work they’d be looking for a new job, it’s bonuses and pay-rises that tell them they’re valued, not some gimmick.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
Some idiots even got a arrse one.

I’ve never really understood the coin, I see they’re doing them in the TA now as well.

If I gave one of my team a coin at work they’d be looking for a new job, it’s bonuses and pay-rises that tell them they’re valued, not some gimmick.

I think its an American thing that the British copied.

syrup

LE
I think its an American thing that the British copied.

It was American I got one in 2004 from the C.O. of an American Infantry Battalion

The Unit C.O. was supposed to award them for you doing something good or above your pay grade etc.

The idea being that it was a recognition tool for a decent service

I assume over here they're dished out just so everyone can get one and no one feels left out

The NHS is going to haemorrhage staff massively in a very short time, people WILL leave the organisation because they know they are not respected or valued.
Exactly the reason why the question should be, "Can we afford not to?"

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
Yes, the current model of the NHS isn't sustainable. The most likely replacement (insurance based/supported model) is almost certainly going to cost each of us more money personally, and deliver a more limited range of treatments, and will provide a tidy profit for private healthcare companies (and the various polilticiians, largely Tory at the moment) who have share interests in them...
That would be an improvement on the current system where I pay a decent 5 figure sum in tax and NI every year yet haven't been able to see a GP for approaching 2 YEARS.

D

Deleted 15653

One of the northern county forces has given everyone a coin and a certificate. I'd rather my lot fixed the broken screens/knackered keyboards etc on the terminals in the report room.

Last edited by a moderator:

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
3% and they are not happy, just wait until the trusts start to undertake job matching and job evaluations under the Agenda for Change, the screams about finding it harder to gain increments, changes to sickness, lack of promotion prospects, reductions in unsocial hours payments. Those pay rises don't pay for themselves, you know. When Agenda for Change happened don't think of moving to a different trust because all the HR managers had got together to fix the system so that moving made no difference the same T&Cs applied.

Massive pay rise even worse job evaluations etc, plus an increase in tax NI and pension payments and don't forget car parking is usually linked to point on the pay scales. Re-applying for job where there were 10 jobs on band x now there are only five, the rest downgraded or redeployed.

Latest Threads