PAYD whilst on exercise

Clerk_of_Jerks

Old-Salt
I'm an army Reservist on exercise (ATX) in Cyprus. Should I be on PAYD or not?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you're in the field - AIUI, no.

It depends.

Are you under field conditions (check the admin order CSS section) if field conditions have been authorised by the CO then no.

As I Understand It

Clerk_of_Jerks

Old-Salt
It depends.

Are you under field conditions (check the admin order CSS section) if field conditions have been authorised by the CO then no.
Were not on field conditions. Is that the key to why we're paying? We've been here before (two years ago) and not paid for food. Have the rules changed?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yep.

You pay for food now, unless on field conditions.

Another 'perk' brought to you by the the whiny f*cks who didn't like going to the cookhouse.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
A victory by a vocal minority.

As I recall, field conditions on exercise is decided by your CO. On an AR FTX, you'll most likely be on field conditions by virtue of being in grotty transit accommodation.

As I recall, field conditions on exercise is decided by your CO. On an AR FTX, you'll most likely be on field conditions by virtue of being in grotty transit accommodation.
Or, shock, in the field!

What counts as being in the field for STABs? More than 50 yards from a Maccy D's? Less than two pillows? More than 5 men per Padre?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I went to Cyprus on holiday a few years ago and dined at a lovely little restaurant at Paphos harbour. Sea bass was bloody marvellous so it was and I had to pay.
It was worth it though.
Not sure I like the thought of field conditions out there, too damn hot.

Latest Threads