Pay

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by OhSoCescyBaby, Apr 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone shed any light on how much a Royal Artillery Driver earns in phase two? Thanks in advance

2. You earn your New Entrant rate if pay for the first six months of your career. That's about 13500pa (google will supply exact figures). So after Phase 1, you'll still be on that figure until about 2 and a half months into Phase 2, and which point you'll go onto the Gunners (Privates) pay band, around 17000pa.

Also you don't join the Royal Artillery as a specific trade anymore. So you wouldn't be joining up as a Driver. You specify a particular Regiment within the RA that your interested in, you'll be assigned a posting at Phase 2, but you'll be a 'generic' Gunner until completion of Phase 1&2, then when you get to your Regiment they'll decide what there going to do with you (although you'll be asked your preferences).

3. Thanks for the clarification.
    I ask because my friend is currently in Phase two and he is well known for being a compulsive liar so I thought I'd just check it all out.

4. Does anyone know if the Household cavalry is on high or low payband. I understand that the Infantry are on the higher scale apart from pte and ssgt but according to JSP 754 the HCAV are on lower apart from LCPL. The reason I ask is because I am looking to re-join and this is one of my choices. I would appreciate some info from anyone who has recently served or is currently serving with the HCAV also any advice and recommendations on the regt will be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

5. Try the RAC forum louizd, you will probably get a far more accurate answer :)