Pay upon leaving the forces

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by driver9207, Feb 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All

I am leaving the forces under voluntary redundancy. My last day of terminal leave is 29th Feb

My question is this:

I have heard from a few people (though nothing official) that on the 29th feb my last pay will be 2 months pay due to working a month in advance. Is this true?

Also i was told my redundancy lump sum will be paid anytime up to 30 days from my last day (29th feb). Is there anybody in the know as to when this will actually be.

Many thanks in advance.

2. hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

3. Cheers nobber

4. Do they pay you in the army these days? My God you have it easy. When I were a squaddie .....

5. You could always try asking your pay clerk? Just saying!

6. I could if i had one!! On termination leave after leaving my unit. ID card handed in etc. I didnt realise that if you asked a question on here you would just get smart arse replies.

7. Don't be ridiculous

8. Enjoy. There's no charge.

9. So you are on termination leave and never thought to find out before hand what and when you will be paid up?
    IIRC as your last day of termination leave is 29th then that will be your last day of employment and this is the day you will be paid up to. i dont know about redundancy , sorry.

10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Place is full of really funny guys, you'll get an answer eventually. Or maybe not.

11. Right. Get yer heels together and look in. Telephone your pay office tomorrow. Smartly now, double away. You're in yer own time now.

12. Paid on the 29th......well, at least it'll stop the Mongs asking what Day they get paid
    this month.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Is this how we're treating people nowadays? Soldiers, I mean - not forum users.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs that we're letting people out of the door without so much as a phone number in their 'goodbye pack' in case there's any dramas. Or could it be that the OP (like many soldiers) never bothered his arrse to find out BEFORE he/she chucked their 95 back at the grumpy git in the clothing store?

As for the way forum users on here are treated - I'm afraid you're on your own there matey. If you can't deal with a complete stranger writing "hahahahaha" (and not even in bold or italics, I may add) - then the big wide world might be a little more harsh than you imagined.

14. What day is the 29th then.

15. Your very welcome. BTW WTF leaves any employment before finding out how much they are entitled too????