Pay to German bank accounts this month, late?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by luke, Oct 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Payment is normally received into my sparkasse account on the 25th of the month but has not been received today.

A little more worryingly, I have checked my pay statement on armynet and there is no payslip for October, only Septembers is online.

Are there some issues with pay this month ( apart from the usual ones)?
  2. Don't worry about the pay statement not being on armynet, mine has not been on there a few times the cash still found its way to my account though. Check your statement on JPA if you can, it goes on earlier.
  3. Ditto with the payment though...was expecting it as well. Hopefully all will be well by Monday.
  4. Brilliant, I expect by Monday the flight I am trying to book will double in price, cheers Army :) and no doubt the room I'm after in the UJ club will vanish too

Retention problems, really?!

No access to JPA as I'm on leave, so a weekend sat in the dark crossing my fingers it is then!
  5. Am I missing the point, surely you budget for the whole month? How can you whine retention when your not due payment till the last working day of the month, that’s when you have actually earnt it.
  6. You get paid on the last working day of the month which this month is on Friday 31 Oct. If you can't budget for the month don't blame the Army when you can't book a flight. I recall receiving my pay allotment into my German account earlier but never counted on it happening.
  7. I did indeed budget for an entire month, from the 25th of last month to the 25th of this month - soldiers with sparkasse accounts are not paid on the last day of the month, I thought my post was pretty clear on that.
  8. msr

msr LE

And are all your savings in Iceland?
  9. Your bold:
    Yes they are - it's just that certain banks (Sparkasse and most other German banks being included) choose to release the funds earlier than others. Unless of course your pay statement says 25th October as the payment date?

Moving away from that argument though. Get yourself a credit card to pay for important stuff like flights on. Then pay it off in full every month. Obviously, if you're not the best at controlling your finances then forget what I've just said because you'll only end up in exactly the same situation but with a max'd out credit card to boot.
  10. I was informed by a Clerk when I was posted in that German bank accounts are paid earlier (by the Army, not the cash released earlier by the bank) because "it's too much work for one person to input all the pay for the UK and Germany" - I didn't want to break their heart and suggest that maybe it's automated ;)

Well trusting a clerk was my first mistake... :)
  11. The pay went in at lunchtime today.
  12. You trusted a clerk????? :eek:
  13. I served in Germany for 6 years and my pay statement always said a date not to expect until (ie the last working day of the month). Usually my pay was in the sparky a couple of days before but was not something I relied on and budgeted as such. I think you need to change your budgeting habits for the month to start on the 1st.
  14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Luke :roll:

Check your pay statement, It will tell you pay day is the last day of the month. If you get paid early it's a bonus.

Before you start slating clerks perhaps you should get your own house in order. Try to budget, it helps.

I would be interested to know what trade you are!
  15. Yes you're right I should be double-checking everything a Clerk, the so-called SME, is telling me. I've not received a pay statement for nearly a year anyway, which is another issue I've tried to have resolved chief Clerk :)

There is nothing wrong with my budgeting or my "house", I have 0 debts, which is more than can be said for 99% of soldiers.

I am in a trade that requires rather more quals than an AGC Clerk does (that, ultimately, is what you're trying to find out so there you are).