Pay statements to your door

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by big_bad_bill, Aug 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been given a gleaming tip. If you want your pay statement sent to your home direct instead of to your unit ask your friendly admin staff.

For my fellow admins:

Log on as HR admin - personnel and pay details. Pull up the individual, hit the Person button. Go to the office tab and put HOME in the mail to box.

I'm led to believe that the pay statement will arrive at your residence at work address with your post, addressed to Mr (or Miss/Mrs), not via your unit.

Obviously no good for those stationed outside of the UK and for singlies but invaluable for people detached from their units ie black economy.

Just make sure that your residence at work address has been updated! :wink:
  2. Surely it can't be that easy.

Nothing that ever comes out of the admin ofice/APC Glasgow is ever that easy.
  3. Apparently so, one of my Sgts was chatting to the nice men from the Tiger Team when they volunteered it.

It does make you wonder if there is any other 'top tips' out there.
  4. I agree. You can almost guarantee that it will change their GYH or EC details without you even noticing. 4 weeks later, 27 phone calls to JPAC, they will admit that it's their fault and they can't change it.

I was just chuffed when I found out how to export Reports into Excel. That's how interesting my life is. I am bezzers with the "Refresh Data" button now as well. If they hurried up and actually put a DII(F) terminal (or (C) for that matter) on my desk, I could once again sit and look at the squirrels outside the office window whilst waiting to see which little bastard hasn't got a passport.

Living the Dream!
  5. I didn't even realise the little bastards needed one, but that's the EU for you. :D

6. What ever happened to the "Pay and paybook correct Sir" Salute, right

turn and a quick feck off to the Naafi for egg, sausage and chips?
  7. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

What a mare, the wife knowing where all your wage goes to, no thanks
  8. But you still received your payslip at the end of the month!

Since JPA arrived, I have only received about half the correct number of payslips (yes, I know I can print them from both JPA and Armynet, which is what I do) but the system still despatches printed payslips. Where have mine gone? Is there a black hole somewhere which is swallowing my payslips?

Or is this a symptom of the "we've bought DII/F, JPA, HRMS etc but we now have to pay for all of that, so we'll sack all the clerks!"????

9. I've been getting yours, and I cant believe how much you get paid! 8O
  10. Nor the **** can I, but I'm not complaining....... much!

11. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Ironically enough, I can't believe what I get paid either - because it's been less than what I should be paid for the last 6 months.

Awesome system. :roll: I don't need a payslip on my doorstep to tell me that some civvie mong at Glasgow hasn't done their job for the (n)th time.

As I always say, Backpay isn't a bonus - it's a result of the system being shit. Soldiers deserve their correct wages, on time, every month. We deliver operationally, why can't the system that pretends to support us?
  12. Despite all the doom sayers, my pay statement arrived through my door this morning. 8)
  13. No sign of one for me.....but they haven't sent me one since 1965.

I thought that with all the cock ups in the new system, that I might just

find myself back on the roll.
  14. Certainly is - mine has been popping through my letter box for the past few months
  15. Do the grey ones need a visa too? :twisted: