PAY RISE

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by clumpydump, Mar 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone confirm the pay revue for 2007-2008?
    The RAF have just informed me that New entrants are getting a whopping 9% while other ranks are getting a wonderful 3.3% whoopee do?

2. Many thanks

3. 3.3% whoopie fecking do. Cant wait to spend all the extra cash im going to receive.

But wait - what they give with one hand they take away with the other.

Wank3rs.

4. Nothing on the Defence Intranet yet, which is where I would expect to see it first...

Sorry - I expected to find it on the front page which is where my browser was looking.... I promise to buck up!

Litotes

5. What a load of cobblers!! How can they state a private will now be paid between 15K and 26K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The AFPRB bases its recommendations on broad comparability with similarly weighted civilian jobs. The Review Body gathers evidence from a wide variety of sources and takes account of a number of factors including Government evidence.

What similarly weighted civilian jobs might they be then ?

7. Its on Defence Internet tho' see the link above!

8. Lets just hope this government doesn't get another term in office, or that will be the only pay rise you will see for many a year.

9. Thanks, Catchy. Well spotted.

6-9% is very good for the young lads and lasses at the bottom. It will be interesting to see how the pay scales work and whether there are any nice little financial traps which force soldiers onto tax rates of up to 70% (like the removal of tax credits etc).

If you want an example of that, the recent loudly proclaimed award to carers has gone badly wrong because the award stops them claiming something else! One of Mr Brown's clever tricks to keep down the Budget!

Litotes

10. mind you it is still better than the nurses

Public Sector Pay Rise

What did they do do deserve that?

11. The Financial Retention Incentive for Infantry soldiers has also been announced; they will receive £4500 if they sign up for another 2 years at the 4 year point.

Litotes

12. Don't know. I can only calculate £24328 for a Level 7 (High Band) Private. But that means that he/she has served for nigh on 8 years, so there will be very few of them!

Litotes

13. Obviously all our MPs will award themselves less than this

14. And sacrifice their generous pensions!

It is time to clear out the dead wood at the top of UK Ltd!!!!!!!