PAY RISE

Can anyone confirm the pay revue for 2007-2008?
The RAF have just informed me that New entrants are getting a whopping 9% while other ranks are getting a wonderful 3.3% whoopee do?

Many thanks

BB51

Old-Salt
3.3% whoopie fecking do. Cant wait to spend all the extra cash im going to receive.

But wait - what they give with one hand they take away with the other.

Wank3rs.

Nothing on the Defence Intranet yet, which is where I would expect to see it first...

Sorry - I expected to find it on the front page which is where my browser was looking.... I promise to buck up!

Litotes

What a load of cobblers!! How can they state a private will now be paid between 15K and 26K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avre

Old-Salt
The AFPRB bases its recommendations on broad comparability with similarly weighted civilian jobs. The Review Body gathers evidence from a wide variety of sources and takes account of a number of factors including Government evidence.

What similarly weighted civilian jobs might they be then ?

Lets just hope this government doesn't get another term in office, or that will be the only pay rise you will see for many a year.

catchyerselfon said:
Litotes said:
Nothing on the Defence Intranet yet, which is where I would expect to see it first...

Litotes
Its on Defence Internet tho' see the link above!
Thanks, Catchy. Well spotted.

6-9% is very good for the young lads and lasses at the bottom. It will be interesting to see how the pay scales work and whether there are any nice little financial traps which force soldiers onto tax rates of up to 70% (like the removal of tax credits etc).

If you want an example of that, the recent loudly proclaimed award to carers has gone badly wrong because the award stops them claiming something else! One of Mr Brown's clever tricks to keep down the Budget!

Litotes

mind you it is still better than the nurses

Public Sector Pay Rise

Nurses and other health workers will get a 2% rise. The armed forces will get 3.3% and consultants 1.3%.

The CPI inflation measure targeted by the government is 2.7%. The old Retail Price Index currently stands at 4.2%.
What did they do do deserve that?

The Financial Retention Incentive for Infantry soldiers has also been announced; they will receive £4500 if they sign up for another 2 years at the 4 year point.

Litotes

wrinkles said:
What a load of cobblers!! How can they state a private will now be paid between 15K and 26K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't know. I can only calculate £24328 for a Level 7 (High Band) Private. But that means that he/she has served for nigh on 8 years, so there will be very few of them!

Litotes

RABC said:
Obviously all our MPs will award themselves less than this
And sacrifice their generous pensions!

It is time to clear out the dead wood at the top of UK Ltd!!!!!!!

Great well I'm looking forward to my 3.3% rise. That, coupled with my 2.7% Married Quarter rise and huge increase in 'garage' charges means that I'M STILL OUT OF POCKET! Well done to those at the bottom, they deserve the 9% but I'd rather have no rise as long as they stopped upping the other charges!

I recall that in the 70's it was announced that we were to have a 29.5% pay rise.
It was explained that as there was no food/accommodation/MQ rent increase this was de facto a pay rise, x-factor (which we were already receiving) was then lumped in with pay.
I benefited by c. 2 pence a day (from this huge payrise).
Believe it when you see your payslip :-(

in the same boat as nomadcelt (above) plus also mrs coffee just dropped a sprogg on us and with new rates of LOA coming in april going to be worse off there as well. going from 1 kid to 2kids and still losing 63p a day lol. how does that work?.

more in my family - not moved quartes pay rise and quarter rise(if my numbers are right) is a rise of about £1.27 a day but i lose 63p a day on LOA so my grand payrise is 64p a day better off. thats also before TAX and NI contruibitions are paid.

Not sure about exact amount for MOD but why are the press so loud in crticising the poor payrise for nurses, etc, ( I think they get about £20,000 now for wiping up a bit of mmllllarrrr and dodging MRSA) when the Forces are getting less than that for dodging bullets (?). NOTE TO JOURNOS HAVE A WORD ABOUT YOUR PRIORITIES.

Can remember when you would get a payrise, get all excited as it meant more beer tokens and then your food and accomodation went up so you were no better off.