Pay rise in April

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Outstanding, Nov 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So how does another 4% sound chaps!!?

2. Sounds good! Is this released or just a rumour?

3. Good?

Its crap when you consider the increase in fuel prices etc etc over the last financial year. Then add into that the increase in April that they'll put onto council tax, quarter rent, accom charge etc. 4% doesn't even come close.

4. Not as good as 14%. But i've always been a greedy barsteward :D

Do you have a source for this?

MB

5. You have just plucked that figure from out of your arrse aint you

6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Pipe dream, Outstanding. Should be more or at least packages of incentives to stay in could be offereed.

If the baseline increase goes beyond inflation I'll be amazed. If it does, I suggest those in the procurement field can expect word thereafter that their budget has been raped yet again. Expect any reasonable procurement plan to start properly in 2012+. :roll:

7. Considering that the AFPRB normally uses the RPI, amongst other things, from the preceding year (normally Nov) as evidence for their award this 4% seems to be a figment of someones imagination. Or possibly a leak from the very highest level. :D

Jockster

8. why? if the AFPRB use RPI as their tgt indicator, then the October RPI was 4.2%, so 4% probably is about right going by your statement.

RPI Stats

9. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Bet they use this one instead.....

10. It is a figure gaining strength 7 floors up, with an additional Op Tour element the dey=tails of which are causing some real problems as if it is to be given it must be worth it, but Mr B seems to think we cost enuff already!!

11. They must carefully look at the Xfactor for normal service and an X+ factor for troops on active operations.

12. Can't say I've heard the same rumour and I'm a bit closer than 7 floors away. That said, as I'm off out in April I'd be happy with a quick 4% added to my gratuity....fingers crossed then!

14. My bolding.

Joe squad read my post.

Unless someone has crystal ones best to wait to wait until Nov RPI is announced. :idea:

Jockster

15. OK say it gos up by 4%

pads quarters go up.
    PAYD will go up.
    single accomadation will go up.
    and anything else that i cant think of right now.

so to the point we will be no better off.
    and that's thanks to the government.