Pay rise in April

Mutley_Macc_Ladd said:
Sounds good! Is this released or just a rumour?
Good?

Its crap when you consider the increase in fuel prices etc etc over the last financial year. Then add into that the increase in April that they'll put onto council tax, quarter rent, accom charge etc. 4% doesn't even come close.

Pipe dream, Outstanding. Should be more or at least packages of incentives to stay in could be offereed.

If the baseline increase goes beyond inflation I'll be amazed. If it does, I suggest those in the procurement field can expect word thereafter that their budget has been raped yet again. Expect any reasonable procurement plan to start properly in 2012+. :roll:

Considering that the AFPRB normally uses the RPI, amongst other things, from the preceding year (normally Nov) as evidence for their award this 4% seems to be a figment of someones imagination. Or possibly a leak from the very highest level. :D

Jockster

Jockster915 said:
Considering that the AFPRB normally uses the RPI, amongst other things, from the preceding year (normally Nov) as evidence for their award this 4% seems to be a figment of someones imagination. Or possibly a leak from the very highest level. :D

Jockster
why? if the AFPRB use RPI as their tgt indicator, then the October RPI was 4.2%, so 4% probably is about right going by your statement.

RPI Stats

Bet they use this one instead.....

As an internationally comparable measure of inflation, the CPI shows that the UK inflation rate in September, at 1.8 per cent, was below the provisional figure for the European Union as a whole of 2.2 per cent.

It is a figure gaining strength 7 floors up, with an additional Op Tour element the dey=tails of which are causing some real problems as if it is to be given it must be worth it, but Mr B seems to think we cost enuff already!!

Outstanding said:
It is a figure gaining strength 7 floors up, with an additional Op Tour element the dey=tails of which are causing some real problems as if it is to be given it must be worth it, but Mr B seems to think we cost enuff already!!
Can't say I've heard the same rumour and I'm a bit closer than 7 floors away. That said, as I'm off out in April I'd be happy with a quick 4% added to my gratuity....fingers crossed then!

Jockster915 said:
Considering that the AFPRB normally uses the RPI, amongst other things, from the preceding year (normally Nov) as evidence for their award this 4% seems to be a figment of someones imagination.
My bolding.

Joe squad read my post.

Unless someone has crystal ones best to wait to wait until Nov RPI is announced. :idea:

Jockster

OK say it gos up by 4%

pads quarters go up.
PAYD will go up.
single accomadation will go up.
and anything else that i cant think of right now.

so to the point we will be no better off.
and that's thanks to the government.

WRAPJOBAGAIN said:
OK say it gos up by 4%

pads quarters go up.
PAYD will go up.

Rail cards will go up
Naffi prices will go up
Regt/Sqn/Mess bill will go up
Fuel and light bills will go up

stacker1 said:
WRAPJOBAGAIN said:
OK say it gos up by 4%

pads quarters go up.
PAYD will go up.

Rail cards will go up
Naffi prices will go up
oh yes thankyou.

stacker1 said:
WRAPJOBAGAIN said:
OK say it gos up by 4%

pads quarters go up.
PAYD will go up.

Rail cards will go up
Naffi prices will go up
Especially if Sodexho gets near your mess, thieving barstewards :x

The_IRON said:
stacker1 said:
WRAPJOBAGAIN said:
OK say it gos up by 4%

pads quarters go up.
PAYD will go up.

Rail cards will go up
Naffi prices will go up

Especially if Sodexho gets near your mess, thieving barstewards :x
Yes but their service is second to none and the choice is great.