pay rates after basic.

Pay rate for new entrants is currently at £13,012, after what period does this go up to the Private level 1 Rate of pay of £16,226??

Is this after completion of 14 week basic training or at the end of phase 2 training. the local careers office was a bit unsure today :?

Thanks
Kev

I'm not sure but im going to reply to the thread because i'd like to know myself when someone eventially answers it.

kiwiblack said:
Pay rate for new entrants is currently at £13,012, after what period does this go up to the Private level 1 Rate of pay of £16,226??

Is this after completion of 14 week basic training or at the end of phase 2 training. the local careers office was a bit unsure today :?

Thanks
Kev
believe its at the end of phase 2
EG: When you are trained/ready to join your reg and go on operations

24 weeks don't quote me but I think that's it

Ill still be on less than what i am on now :cry: all well, im not joining the army for the money...........im joining for the free driving lessons :p

dude its bullshit i get about 12 and ahalf a year...iv finshed my phase 2 and been in for longer than 6 months.....the money they say you get andthe money you actualy get is alot less....andthats now even dueto tax an shit, its one of the armys great lies

if you don't mind me asking how much exactly do you take home a month

bakes0310 said:
Ill still be on less than what i am on now :cry: all well, im not joining the army for the money...........im joining for the free driving lessons :p
Hahaha, well im not ONLY joining for the free HGV's/Cat B's/HAZMAT etc etc but im with you, the money is enough for beer tokens and the odd holiday, although sunny afghan should be enough for me :D

take home pay does generally mean after tax an shit... when you first start phase one you will get given a list of what you will get paid...it basically says you get alot...... you dont, my first pay was 80 quid....because they take 80 of you...you get paid cash in hand first pay at pirbright

Johnboy niaive if you think that you pay instantly goes up as soon as you pass phase two. It normally takes about 3 months to process and get sorted out. If this still hasn't happened go to the RAO and ask to see one of the clerks there who you can dicuss the matter with. Feel lucky you are on a normal pay band and didn't get promoted just after JPA came in. My pay went up and down etc for three months before I ended up being paid on the right band for my rank and trade.

wel its been 2 months...il give it some time....i thought it was the 6 month point your pay went up that just happend to coincide with me finishingphase 2 aswell

I was 17 when I joined up so I got a small pay rise when I turned 18 then it went up again when I finished my B3. Like I said it does take a bit of time, it took 3 months for my Sgt to get processed and 3 months for my SSgt to go through.