pay rates after basic.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by kiwiblack, Jan 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pay rate for new entrants is currently at £13,012, after what period does this go up to the Private level 1 Rate of pay of £16,226??

Is this after completion of 14 week basic training or at the end of phase 2 training. the local careers office was a bit unsure today :?

2. I'm not sure but im going to reply to the thread because i'd like to know myself when someone eventially answers it.
  3. believe its at the end of phase 2
    EG: When you are trained/ready to join your reg and go on operations
  4. 24 weeks don't quote me but I think that's it
  5. Ill still be on less than what i am on now :cry: all well, im not joining the army for the joining for the free driving lessons :p
  6. dude its bullshit i get about 12 and ahalf a year...iv finshed my phase 2 and been in for longer than 6 months.....the money they say you get andthe money you actualy get is alot less....andthats now even dueto tax an shit, its one of the armys great lies
  7. if you don't mind me asking how much exactly do you take home a month
  8. Hahaha, well im not ONLY joining for the free HGV's/Cat B's/HAZMAT etc etc but im with you, the money is enough for beer tokens and the odd holiday, although sunny afghan should be enough for me :D
  9. i take home few quid over a grand...
  10. £13012 for the first 6 months of reckonable service ive heard.
  11. Before or after deductions? thats what i was on in basic AFTER deductions :?
  12. £898.82 a month after tax and national insurance for £13,012 a year.
  13. he says he "takes home" which is genrally said after deductions etc.
  14. :?
  15. Ok thank you for your lesson in common sense...