Pay question.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by maroon44, Mar 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was promoted in January, I didn't expect to be paid in my new rank at the end of Jan but it hasn't happened yet and still shows no sign of being resolved. I've been pushed from pillar to post, RAO, Clerk, 2IC etc and have phoned JPAC myself, still to no avail. Does anybody know who's job it is to contact JPAC to tell them that i've been promoted? I'm not getting any straight answers from my Regiment.

Cheers for any help,

2. It's done at APC. Suggest you get your RCMO to touch base with your desk at APC to make sure they have done the paperwork.

3. Cheers for that Jockster, hadn't been told about that approach.
  4. Substantive or Acting?
  5. Just acting at the moment LJS, i'll be substantive in May.
  6. Surely if you're not substansive till may you'll not get paid substansive till may?? Local doesn't normally get paid in rank unless under exceptional circumstances i think.
  7. Ahh, just as I thought, you probably won't understand what I am about to tell you, however, pass it on to your clerks:

Acting promotion, as per the JPA Buisness Process Guide, up to the rank of Maj is to be published by the unit using the Career Manager Actor, Substantive Rank is done by the Career Manager i.e, MCM Div.

Sounds like your unit have not carried out this JPA function, best they had or you won't get paid, MCM Div do not publish acting rank.

Good Luck with that.

8. Didn't see local mentioned until your post DM - Acting = paid just the same as sub.

9. Edited as PW beat me too it.

Fcuking interweb thingy is slow tonight :evil:

10. Its substantive......SUBSTANTIVE

Now, write that out 150 times
  11. I know, I know :wink:

Go and watch your game :D
  12. LJS, you're right I have no idea what you're on about but will pass that info onto my clerk.

Many thanks,

13. Let me know what he/she says to you, if you get no joy I will try and PM you the relevant BPG from work.

14. Maroon,

Just to add to LJS's post - It would be a good idea to ask your Admin Office to remind Glasgow that you are due Sub in May when it comes along as they have a tendancy to forget! No one at our place has been given Sub Rank without me prompting Glasgow!

15. Yep, same here.