Pay question raised from another thread

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by StabTiffy2B, Oct 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Page ten on this thread:

Now I was under the impression that we got no X Factor in our basic stab pay. This is the first I've heard of getting 5%. Is this arrser talking b0llocks or have I been walking round my cave with my fingers in my ears?

By the way, don't bother asking the poster for any evidence:

I await the knowledge of those that are more informed than me :D
  2. Thanks for the link. I might be being a really thick tw@t but I'm not sure that answers the question.

It dosen't seem to say that all TA pay is at 5%, only for some (mainly FTRS I think).

Can anyone make it really simple for me? :slow:
  3. Sorry to say, Stab, but the whole x-factor issue seems to be some kind of archane dark art. I've recently been told two different versions,. First one being that we don't get it if we're being paid on MTDs (even for extended periods) but do if we're on FTRS as our pay is less than the equivalent regular soldier's. The second that we lose x-factor if on FTRS rather than MTDs.

I've given up asking just in case it costs me money...

...Good luck figuring it all out, I can't wait to hear the outcome of your enquiries.
  4. Having again spoken with DodgerDog, it would appear that the rates of pay for 'normal' TA duties are the same as for an FTRS commitment with 5% X-Factor. FTRS home commitment (no X-factor) rates are lower than 'normal' TA pay. I've also double checcked my maths against the regular rates of pay.

Therefore, we are indeed paid 5% X-factor for sod all.

You learn something new every day.