Pay Of Higher Rank

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by floppyjocky, Oct 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A quickie for the pay gurus,

Hypothetically speaking.

If a WO1 (SO3 appt) was required to stand in for an SO2 for 6 months due to a medical issue. Would it be possible to claim any form of POHR.

I'm not (hypothetically) holding my breath. :)

Thanks in advance.

2. No as said SO2 is still in post and still being paid in post against an LSN, if you can get him posted to the Y list (or whatever there calling it at the moment) then it would be possible to put up a case. :money:

3. Thats a fair one and makes sense.

Question 2 - On a completely unrelated and still hypothetical subject.

Does anyone know if women going off to have babies are automatically Y listed?

4. Yes - they have a 12 week scan, get their expected date of confinement and then fill in the paperwork (forgotten the name) which notifies the Army whether they are going to leave after the birth, or return to the colours.

They are Y Listed from the date the form is actioned.

That said, we all just looked at each other blankly, and Darthette is watching 'Pretty Woman' so I hate to disturb her. I suspect I am basically right here - the only room for error is exactly when the Y Listing happens - but it happens to all...feeling lucky, Floppy? ;)

5. So they're appointing WO1s as SO2s now :omg:

6. Cheers D-D

trebles all round! (possibly)

7. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

Earlier this year I received substitution pay for my SO2 (absence on sick leave). I received LE Captain’s rate and after tax it was around 350Knicker.

Incidentally the boss is a civil servant so you should encounter no problems if the individual is posted to the OCE list.

Mind all his considered I would have liked the extra 3/4 hours a day back rather than around £3 a day

8. Just before this really rattles off topic, Subs Pay and POHR are entirely separate things - I point this out should someone want to inquire about Subs Pay... ;)

Always good to see folks getting more dosh.

9. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

Please explain the difference I am under the impression that POHR had been replaced by Sub pay.

thats what the RAO stated.

10. Sorry Percy - didn't explain myself clearly.

You're right - one replaced the other - I inserted the hateful wink smiley to make some sort of feeble 'joke' about the Emperor's new clothes or somesuch...I'll get my coat...

11. Yes you are allowed to claim SUPA for an incumbant of the LSN that you are covering for periods of absence on the sick of said incumbant if absence period is 21 days and above. WO1's are to claim on AF W 3343A and the eligiability criteria is in the Pay Warrnat Article 455A, hope this helps. :D

12. Floppyjocky, here is said extract:

Pay Warrant Article 455A "a" states - SUPA pay may be granted to a soldier who is required temporarily to undertake the duties and responsibilities of a post established for a soldier, officer or civil servant of a rank/grade higher than his own when the post is vacant due to:

(2) The absence of the incumbant due to SICKNESS or detached duty (including resettlement), statutory maternity leave, and occupational maternity absence.

Pay Warrant Article 455A "d" details the 21 days qualification period, which is backdated to day one.

Pay Warrant Article 455A "C" details the length of time you can be in reciept, i.e. up to 6 months by your CO, up to 12 months, Div/Dist, with notification to MCM Div, extensions beyond 12 months must go through C of C to MCM Div and DM(A) for approval.

Good Luck

13. Floppyjocky, here is said extract:

Pay Warrant Article 455A "a" states - SUPA pay may be granted to a soldier who is required temporarily to undertake the duties and responsibilities of a post established for a soldier, officer or civil servant of a rank/grade higher than his own when the post is vacant due to:

(2) The absence of the incumbant due to SICKNESS or detached duty (including resettlement), statutory maternity leave, and occupational maternity absence.

Pay Warrant Article 455A "d" details the 21 days qualification period, which is backdated to day one.

Pay Warrant Article 455A "C" details the length of time you can be in reciept, i.e. up to 6 months by your CO, up to 12 months, Div/Dist, with notification to MCM Div, extensions beyond 12 months must go through C of C to MCM Div and DM(A) for approval.

Good Luck

14. Well all WOs and Seniors I have ever met claimed to be running the Army anyway, so it seems right they should get the recognition! :muhaha:

15. Well all WOs and Seniors I have ever met claimed to be running the Army anyway, so it seems right they should get the recognition! :muhaha: