Pay level at the end of basic trainning.

Hello all, I would be grateful if you could shed some light on my query.

I plan to join the RLC as a driver, at the moment iam earning £20,000 in civi street in a driving job. I know when i go for basic trainning i will earn £13.012.80 (new enterant pay)

Upon completing my basic trainning at Pirbright and then leaconsfield and getting posted to my unit, will my pay increase to level 1 pte: £16,226.76
OR to level 3 pte: £17,125.20

The reason i say level 3 pte is in the job brief i was given by my ACIO says "This trainning, which is self-pacing, lasts up to 11 weeks and on successful completion you will be awarded the Driver RLC Class 3 employment qualification and a C+E licence plus ADR Certificate".

Does this mean when i pass i will be paid as a level 3 pte? Or do i have my wires crossed.

Thank you.

Fraid you have your wires crossed - Class 3 means you are a class three tradesman. You will go on to pay level 1 after approx 6 months (26 weeks) you then get an increase every year on the anniversary of this date. When you pass class 2 and class 1 trade courses you get accelerated incremental progression which effectively moves you up the scale by a year on passing each course.

PW