Pay level at the end of basic trainning.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Trigger696, May 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, I would be grateful if you could shed some light on my query.

I plan to join the RLC as a driver, at the moment iam earning £20,000 in civi street in a driving job. I know when i go for basic trainning i will earn £13.012.80 (new enterant pay)

Upon completing my basic trainning at Pirbright and then leaconsfield and getting posted to my unit, will my pay increase to level 1 pte: £16,226.76
    OR to level 3 pte: £17,125.20

The reason i say level 3 pte is in the job brief i was given by my ACIO says "This trainning, which is self-pacing, lasts up to 11 weeks and on successful completion you will be awarded the Driver RLC Class 3 employment qualification and a C+E licence plus ADR Certificate".

Does this mean when i pass i will be paid as a level 3 pte? Or do i have my wires crossed.

Thank you.
  2. Fraid you have your wires crossed - Class 3 means you are a class three tradesman. You will go on to pay level 1 after approx 6 months (26 weeks) you then get an increase every year on the anniversary of this date. When you pass class 2 and class 1 trade courses you get accelerated incremental progression which effectively moves you up the scale by a year on passing each course.

3. Ok mate, thanks for the info.