pay issues..

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by jamie_k, Mar 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies first of all, I am new here and new to the army.

Finished my phase 1 basic training on 17th March and have been on leave and will be until 3rd April. My problem is that I havent been paid anything today. Having never been in this situation before I am really not sure who to get in contact with. The trouble is also being on leave I do not have the phone numbers of anyone I might need to get in touch with, and do not know if this is an issue with my pay clerk from basic training or what!
    The trouble is I have one or two bills to pay and the mere £400 I received last month went long ago

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
  2. Try going to your nearest recruiting office - they will have all the numbers and allow you to spk to the pay clerks.
  3. You could also call directory enquiries, they should have the number also check the net as most units have a web site with contact numbers on them.

Hope this helps

4. take this number and stick it in your mobile for future reference - unbelievably useful for when you're on leave. helped me out no end of times.

0207 930 4466

it's the military exchange in london - just tell them who you want to be connected to e.g. army pay office at XXX camp, chief clerk, instructors etc (or give them the mil number if you know it) and they'll do it - extremely helpful people, as long as you're polite :).
  5. Jamie K - failing all the above, drop me a PM and we'll sort you out in no time.
  6. thanks for the help guys

Went to the careers office and the guy in there just gave me the number for Glasgow.
    Phoned Glasgow and the bloke said i have a credit in my account to be paid in along with my next pay! so the end of April, which i said was rediculous I cannot survive another month without money, so he said all i can do is speak to someone at my unit.

Having never been to my unit as i am on leave after basic training i guess all i can do now is wait until next week when i get to phase 2. just didnt want all my bills to come out and have the bank charge me £xx for having nothing in my account...

Also cannot check pay online via armynet as i do not know my blood group!
  7. My bold.

Mate, its on my ID card under my date of birth - might want to check yours!!!
  8. nope, my height is under my DOB!
  9. Guess i need a new ID card then!!!!!!!

Didnt realise they had changed them, just got it out to double check and its definately there, this ones only 2 years old too!!

Contact and explain your problem, they may be able to help.
  10. mine is 14 year old, do you think i may need a new one also :?: :?:
  11. Go to your nearest military unit and ask them to contact your Phase 1 Trg Unit, they will then be able to BACS the amount you have in credit direct into your bank account, which will take no more than 5 working days. If you don't have a unit near you, the careers office can contact them and request payment.
    I must also need a new ID card, my blood group and height are on mine :!:
  12. Was going to leave a really helpful post but then realised you are now back at work!! - Hopefully you have been to your admin office and arranged a cash payment if nothing has hit your bank yet - no way you should be sent off on leave with no funds!!

On the ID Card side they were changed (Yet again) last year and now have

Rank (again)

Date of Birth

Expiry date!! - must be renewed every 4 years!! great idea

Get one quick before they change the layout - surely a JPA card must be close!!
  13. God, my id card is old, mine has DOB, Blood group and date of issue, mind it was issued in 1995.

14. mine was 1993 & issued at 38 berlin fd sqn re so that shows you how long ago that was, we disbanded in 94 :!: :!: :!:

i was even thin(ish) then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: