Pay Increase?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by toffeeman, Nov 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I pass out next friday after 30 wonderful weeks at sunny Catterick....does anyone know if i'll receive Battalion pay this payday or will i remain on crow wages until afer Christmas?

Cheers

2. the rule of thumb is that any changes made to your pay before the 14/15 of the month take place at end of month

but thingds cannot be done in advance

so its end of december for you son, but work on end of january anything else is a bonus especially if you are having leave before joining your Bn

3. I have a similar question
    My husband rejoined on 19th October. He spent one day at ITC Catterick before moving over to Batallion. He was paid at the end of November and received 6 weeks of new recruits training pay. As he has been in batallion as a fully trained soldier for all of that time, does anyone know whether he will get a decent wage this month or will he continue on a new recruits wage. In other words i want to know how much spending power i have with Christmas coming up :)

4. New Entrant Rate of Pay is for the first 26 weeks of service, then you move onto level 1.

5. Is that still the case even though he did his 26 weeks training back in 1994. He has 6 years service behind him and is a rejoin?

6. How much of a gap was there between service? I am not entirely sure but I think it has to be within a couple of years for it to count. There should be something on his documentation when he re-joined, did he get any letters from Glasgow?

His unit HR should be able to tell him when his next increment level is.

7. As a matter of interest, what is the Level 1 Rate for Private Soldiers.
    And in which Corps do Pte's get the High Band?

Thanks

8. Pte's on higher:

SF SOLDIER
    SPECIAL DUTIES
    LSL SD
    ME DESIGN ENGINEER (DES DTMN)
    ME DESIGN ENGINEER (DTMN E&M)
    ME DESIGN ENGINEER (SURVEY ENGINEER)
    ME DESIGN ENGINEER (CMT)
    ME BD
    ME AMPH
    ME ARMD
    ME WELL DRILLER
    ME COMBAT
    ME FTR GEN
    ME ELEC
    ME FTR MACH
    ME FTR U&P
    ME FTR ACR
    ME FTR EQPT
    ME H&P
    ME POM
    ME B&C
    ME B&SF
    ME C&J
    ME FABRIC
    ME WELDER
    ME BLACKSMITH
    MUSICIAN
    RADIOGRAPHER
    STUDENT RADIOGRAPHER
    PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
    STUDENT PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
    BIOMEDICAL SCIENTIST
    STUDENT BIOMEDICAL SCIENTIST
    ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
    STUDENT ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECH
    OPERATING DEPT PRACTITIONER
    STUDENT OPERATING DEPT PRACTITIONER
    CLINICAL PHYSIOLOGIST
    STUDENT CLINICAL PHYSIOLOGIST
    DENTAL HYGIENIST
    STUDENT DENTAL HYGIENIST
    DENTAL TECH
    RGN
    RMN
    STUDENT NURSE (AH)
    STUDENT NURSE (MH)

*EDIT

new entrant rate of pay = £13'012.80
    level 1 Private = £16'226.76

9. jlw292, I may be wrong, but I think your husband maybe entitled to a rejoin bounty as well, it would all depend on how long he was out.

10. Thanks for your reply.
    Funny you should say that because his Clerk has given him the form to complete. Not sure if he is entitled because he has been out so long - But he has filled it in and we'll see what happens.

11. My husbands letters from Glasgow stated his Seniority date to be 2003, and the Army careers have said he should be on Level 6 when he gets it. Hope its soon!