Pay Increase?

I pass out next friday after 30 wonderful weeks at sunny Catterick....does anyone know if i'll receive Battalion pay this payday or will i remain on crow wages until afer Christmas?

Cheers

the rule of thumb is that any changes made to your pay before the 14/15 of the month take place at end of month

but thingds cannot be done in advance

so its end of december for you son, but work on end of january anything else is a bonus especially if you are having leave before joining your Bn

I have a similar question
My husband rejoined on 19th October. He spent one day at ITC Catterick before moving over to Batallion. He was paid at the end of November and received 6 weeks of new recruits training pay. As he has been in batallion as a fully trained soldier for all of that time, does anyone know whether he will get a decent wage this month or will he continue on a new recruits wage. In other words i want to know how much spending power i have with Christmas coming up :)

Is that still the case even though he did his 26 weeks training back in 1994. He has 6 years service behind him and is a rejoin?

How much of a gap was there between service? I am not entirely sure but I think it has to be within a couple of years for it to count. There should be something on his documentation when he re-joined, did he get any letters from Glasgow?

His unit HR should be able to tell him when his next increment level is.

Pte's on higher:

SF SOLDIER
SPECIAL DUTIES
LSL SD
ME DESIGN ENGINEER (DES DTMN)
ME DESIGN ENGINEER (DTMN E&M)
ME DESIGN ENGINEER (SURVEY ENGINEER)
ME DESIGN ENGINEER (CMT)
ME BD
ME AMPH
ME ARMD
ME WELL DRILLER
ME COMBAT
ME FTR GEN
ME ELEC
ME FTR MACH
ME FTR U&P
ME FTR ACR
ME FTR EQPT
ME H&P
ME POM
ME B&C
ME B&SF
ME C&J
ME FABRIC
ME WELDER
ME BLACKSMITH
MUSICIAN
RADIOGRAPHER
STUDENT RADIOGRAPHER
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
STUDENT PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
BIOMEDICAL SCIENTIST
STUDENT BIOMEDICAL SCIENTIST
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
STUDENT ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECH
OPERATING DEPT PRACTITIONER
STUDENT OPERATING DEPT PRACTITIONER
CLINICAL PHYSIOLOGIST
STUDENT CLINICAL PHYSIOLOGIST
DENTAL HYGIENIST
STUDENT DENTAL HYGIENIST
DENTAL TECH
RGN
RMN
STUDENT NURSE (AH)
STUDENT NURSE (MH)

*EDIT

new entrant rate of pay = £13'012.80
level 1 Private = £16'226.76

jlw292, I may be wrong, but I think your husband maybe entitled to a rejoin bounty as well, it would all depend on how long he was out.

Thanks for your reply.
Funny you should say that because his Clerk has given him the form to complete. Not sure if he is entitled because he has been out so long - But he has filled it in and we'll see what happens.

My husbands letters from Glasgow stated his Seniority date to be 2003, and the Army careers have said he should be on Level 6 when he gets it. Hope its soon!