pay help

as a sig paid on lower level 6, when (and if) i get promoted to lcpl will i move to higher level 6 or 7? or will i stay lower level and just go to lower 7? any help appreciated

grab_a_spoon! said:
as a sig paid on lower level 6, when (and if) i get promoted to lcpl will i move to higher level 6 or 7? or will i stay lower level and just go to lower 7? any help appreciated
In your circumstances, if promoted to LCpl and moving to the higher band from lower, you will move from Pte lower band 6 to LCpl higher band 5 - currently £57.08 a day.

In your circumstances, if promoted to LCpl and moving to the higher band from lower, you will move from Pte lower band 6 to LCpl higher band 5 - currently £57.08 a day.[/quote]

To be honest I think it's a bit of a grey area. I don't know a lot about it so soldier_why could be right. Whichever gives you the LEAST pay rise is the one you will go onto.

cheers for your help guys much appreciated! i'll hope for the £60 anyway and prob get £57!
cheers again

In all cases on promotion you will receive a minimum 2% pay rise from your current daily rate of pay. You are then placed on the next level above this figure on the pay range appropriate to your trade and rank.