Pay for ODP's in the regulars

Hi,
Just wondering what the salary is for a qualified ODP. Am currently in the TA and am looking at transferring into the regulars.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks
Madclaret

Bollc0x never got a hobnob

Stay in the TA unless you want to be fecked over and shat on.....Damn I should do recruiting for the AMS :twisted:

Why do you want to join with AFC on the go????

boelynbulldog said:
Bollc0x never got a hobnob
theyre in my drawer.

madclaret said:
Hi,
Just wondering what the salary is for a qualified ODP. Am currently in the TA and am looking at transferring into the regulars.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks
Madclaret
OTT, ODP, ODA whatever!!! They get paid far to much for doing so very little!!!! Glorified floor cleaners :D :D :D

Become a pill pusher at least they EARN their wages!!!!!!!

they dont clean floors anymore, they have 'housekeepers' for that.
Should have stayed OTTs, these new fangled ODPs cant drink and would rather spend the evening on their X-Box than nailing nurses!!

Filbert Fox said:
they dont clean floors anymore, they have 'housekeepers' for that.
Should have stayed OTTs, these new fangled ODPs cant drink and would rather spend the evening on their X-Box than nailing nurses!!
Now we're talking :twisted:

Too true, I am a nurse and I have never been nailed by an ODP. In all fairness I am a bloke with a face like a slapped arse and being under the age 40 I have never met an OTT. As for not mopping floors, bolshaviks, they mop and clean like the nurses used to. I suggest the originator of this thread does nurse training and joins up to be a theatre nurse that way he will stand a chance of getting passed WO1.

i fully agree with primroses comments and also being part of the all consuming grey mafia ponder the use of ODPs when they could perhaps be replaced by comissioned nurses. As for the cleaning and preparation of the theatre i dont care who does it along as it is not me...... hoorrrrraaaaahhhhh for the ODPs i'll pass you the mop!

Ahh, the sacred art of the damp duster. I, and every nurse, have taken a vow to protect the ways of my vocation: Non malifence, Benificence and damp dusting. No ODP will ever take this last bastion of Nightingales art away.

primroseandblue wrote:

Ahh, the sacred art of the damp duster. I, and every nurse, have taken a vow to protect the ways of my vocation: Non malifence, Benificence and damp dusting. No ODP will ever take this last bastion of Nightingales art away.
and that most obvious art of talking a load of codswallop :roll:

All hail the grey mafia, at the current rate of expansion, they will control the DMS soon.

Nurses, overpaid, overfed and full of shiit :wink:

I might add QA nurses here

over paid over fed and full of shit...like all other professional trades then, as we take over it is well to remember that it is only the weak who surrender..and i see no fighting back

knobber said:
over paid over fed and full of s***...like all other professional trades then, as we take over it is well to remember that it is only the weak who surrender..and i see no fighting back
Mainly because the Doctors who control the AMS don't give a damn about the rest of us....still your welcome to the AMS, mould into an image of the grey mafia......better start eating the pies folks :twisted:

primroseandblue said:
No ODP will ever take this last bastion of Nightingales art away.
bad news for you split arrses, the way is already paved for the peri-operative theatre practitioner.
for evidence, have a look at how many civi scrub nurses are trying to get on the fast track ODP course, not military of course because the army arent going to pay for nurses to be ODPs, they have ODPs to do that.
Mops and squeegies, in the UK they have house keepers, on ops its the scrubbers that do that as the 13th profession of the HPC are the ones doing recovery, actually scrubbing for the case or taking the patient back to the ward/ITU.

I quite liked the old mopping business, ypu could soak the decent student nurses and check out everything going see through!!

damn so we have lost the damp dusting as well. okay will have to concentrate on management and pie eating...yum ....yum.... couldnt possibly put up tents or fix 432's my hands are by far to important for that wouldn't want to chip a nail. my word next thing you'll be asking me to paint boxes...corps colours of course. and the mop has been improved to one of them squeezy things my how technical the ODP trade has become!