Pay During Basic Training?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by JammyDodger22, Dec 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How much do you get to take home during week 7 leave?? and how much when you finish phase 1? (Ive always wanted to no this so would be greatful if some1 can provide me with info, from experience or word of mouth.) P.s Im not just joining up for money b4 any1 starts any stupid comments. Thank you. :)

2. Ohh cheers for the link mate but I just wanted to no how much people take home on leave (week 7) and at the end of phase 1.

3. Your paid per month mate so at week 7 unless you have been paid your second month then just whatever you have left over from the first

4. You get payed bugger all during phase one , but if you dont piss it up the wall on haribo and shite clothes that the dodgy bloke that rocks up on pay week sells in the naafi you'll still have cash to spend come week 7.

5. Ohh thanks guys, I was just thinking because I found a link which said the first months pay you will be expected to pay for the Realities of war trip and some equipment, but I can no longer find where I saw it, so I thought it would be better to just find out from others experience in Basic.

6. Anyone know if they still do the realities of war trip?

7. ive just finished phase 1 last week.. now on my 2 week leave for xmas... anyone know when we get paid again? rumours its not untill the 30th of december?

8. More likely the 31st?

9. thats pish....

10. Stand too! STAND TOO!

11. We were told the 31st mate.

12. Think it's the 30th

13. Ask the snail, she is the expert in all matters pay and will give you a well balanced answer, she lives for questions like this. :)

14. on the army jobs site it says u should expect to get around £780 per month after al deductions. dont see hoe you could not save it all dont think you would have to buy any thing . you would be doing well to spunk that on haribo :)

• Like Like x 1