Pay day 11th May - Is it happening or is it a fob off again.

Always_a_Rifleman said:
Mongoose, have you thought about working for the JPAC helpline?

You seem to have a way of explaining things to the masses which makes sense.

Also, perhaps there should be a dedicated JPAC team who call certain PSAOs and unit pay clerks and tell them how useless they are and how to do their job properly.
Here Here!

Have the PSAO's and unit clerks done a JPA course?

I certainly did, 2.5 days of complete joy...90% of it applied to regular units (not that I blame them for it) and the other 10% wasn't to do with pay. I did learn F11, Ctrl F11..little JPA joke for HR types out there.. And since I went as a Civvy I had a nice hotel to stay in heh, didn't fancy ITC Catterick barracks too much 8)

The Adj & Chief Clerk from my unit went on a TA Attendance Based pay course (I think it was a day) where they learnt about it, but since they don't actually have anything to do with the pay process as such it was fairly useless for them. They gave me the handouts detailing the process and I received about 10 more from a SPS WO2 (lifesaver) as did any other TA units within this Bde. So no course for the people involved in the actual processing of paysheets into money, just a lot of handouts/emails/phonecalls.. and as I've said before to someone less geeky than myself it was probably bloody confusing

Mongoose said:
I certainly did, 2.5 days of complete joy...90% of it applied to regular units (not that I blame them for it) and the other 10% wasn't to do with pay. I did learn F11, Ctrl F11..little JPA joke for HR types out there.. And since I went as a Civvy I had a nice hotel to stay in heh, didn't fancy ITC Catterick barracks too much 8)

The Adj & Chief Clerk from my unit went on a TA Attendance Based pay course (I think it was a day) where they learnt about it, but since they don't actually have anything to do with the pay process as such it was fairly useless for them. They gave me the handouts detailing the process and I received about 10 more from a SPS WO2 (lifesaver) as did any other TA units within this Bde. So no course for the people involved in the actual processing of paysheets into money, just a lot of handouts/emails/phonecalls.. and as I've said before to someone less geeky than myself it was probably bloody confusing
Huzzah for army efficiency!!

Mongoose said:

:muhaha: I enjoyed your joke. I managed to get on the 1/2 day TA pay course and learnt more than I did on the 2 1/2 day course. Since then all I have done (or so it seems) is to upload TA pay for all our regiment onto the server.

Be kind to your clerks guys - I have spent many a time over the last few weeks banging my head against the wall. From my side of the fence the JPA centre are not helpful at all - every time you email with a query they fob you off by either quoting a business process guide or referring you to the Unit HR Administrator(didn't I state that was me) Believe me I wouldn't waste their time if I didn't honestly know who to turn to - and having seen the telephone section at Centurion, they haven't got a lot of experience between them - they learn on the job.

I am up to date with our pay now, except for a few recruits that are still not on the system. I would think that if people haven't been paid either their clerks haven't sent the pay or your record is not on your units JPA system for some reason ie your have just returned from mobilisation, enlisted or you may be one of their 'lost souls' (their quote) that did not transfer across and DSPSA are working on these.

From a clerks point of view I like the pay system, as long as it uploads correctly you can see it sitting on a soldiers record waiting for pay day almost immediately.

BTW - whoever mentioned the link from Forge to JPA - when we went on the 1/2 day course we were told that it was very unlikely to happen, altough our BTWO had been told differently. :(

Mongoose said:
:eek: the bastards! Does that mean its going to be this stupid batch system forever?

Although to be fair I really really hate forge..
It also means that unless it gets sorted out we will be updating both systems forever as JPA apparantley doesn't calculate MTD's, days in camp etc etc for bounty purposes.

Not a good day today as system kept freezing.