Pay day 11th May - Is it happening or is it a fob off again.

What I dont understand is that if it all goes on one spreadsheet (we have been told that if the spreadsheet is wrong even just slightly no one gets paid), then how come some of the unit have been paid and some have not ??? :pissedoff:

DMD2484 said:
WHERE IS MY BOUNTY APRIL PAY AND NO BOUNTY,

JPAC ON: 01412243600. and follow the options it is in the UK though....

Signed: A P*ssed off Ta Lad.
After getting no joy from the PSAO, Sqn and Regt (and I am a pay clerk) I rang the above number. Within 3 minutes I had a satisfactory answer. Although JPA seems to have many problems, the service from the staff on the helpdesk is tip top.

Sounds more like unit issues are causing lack of payment, not JPA.

By rights I should have not been paid since January because of a useless t**t of a chief clerk but because another unit's pay clerk is on the ball I've had pay and bounty in my account on time.

It seems people are using JPA/Glasgow as the eternal excuse for everything.

"I've had my legs blown off in Basra, Doc."
"Sorry, son, can't do anything about it because of JPA!"

Spoke to a helpful chap at JPA.

He said my pay is nearly processed. But cannot tell me when its going in!

Any time from now until the 31st of May!

Wonder when?

Scott

yater_spoon said:
LOL true! I think the problem lies with old it-illiterate PSAO's

yater_spoon said:
Oooohhhhh, is this an auction :clap:

I will raise your July and see you in August.

FFBox said:
Maybe I'm gloating, but my pay is in & upto date, so I've no complaints about JPA (so far)
ditto got payed beginning of the month and it was all there

Well I don't want to throw a blanket over everything but, my lot were paid in April and again today....JPA tried it's hardest to destroy it all but it we worked it out, don't be too hard on your staff though - the process is quite complicated and for those not very computer savvy I'd imagine its bloody confusing for them. The FORGE - JPA link isn't up and working, when it is pay will be fairly simple like FORGE - UNICOM was but at the moment it involves spreadsheets and batches which even a geek like me had a few problems with intially...

I'd advise you ask your staff exactly why you weren't paid in April/May and see what they say, if they say JPA ask them to elaborate.
I'm not trying to stir things up here and if there are serious problems then fair enough, but if staff are just being lazy then its not on

On the subject of bounties, today I was told JPAC have a few WO2's on the ground trying to sort them out, but they can't explain what the problems are..but they're hoping to have them fixed by 31st. Apparently their records won't be updated till next Wed - so I'd advise you to ring them on Wednesday and then demand to know where it is

tommycooker1914 if it hasn't gone in today then the next run hits the bank on the 31st. Unless it's a few days late and arrives next week it won't arrive untill the 31st, there is no other payroll untill 25th (hitting 31st)

a-storeman said:
ONLY RECEIVED A PART PAYMENT AGAIN THE SAME HAPPENED IN APRIL
NOT BEEN PAID PROPERLY SINCE PAYMENT RECEIVED IN MARCH
STORY SEEMS TO BE THE SAME REGIMENT ARE SORTING IT OUT
GLASGOW STRIKES AGAIN.
ITS A GOOD JOB THAT WE ARE ONLY CASUAL WORKERS
AND NOT RECEIVING PAYMENTS INTO A PENSION.
OR USING THE MONIES TO PAY DIRECT DEBITS
IF WE DEFAULT ON MONIES OWED WILL GLASGOW BE PAYING COMPENSATION
CIVIL SERVANTS STRIKE AGAIN
What do you think would happen if the Regs were paid like this?

One Army, Regular and Territorial..................over to you Jim Royle.............MY ARRSE

tommycooker1914 said:
yater_spoon said:
Chaps 2 things;

Firstly, JPA like MATTs is a Regular'ism that will be hammered into place on the TA, despite the fact that it IS NOT TA friendly.

Secondly, if your PSAO is a pr1ck, please don't tar them all with the same brush. I trust you don't like the term STAB! :wink:

Mongoose said:
tommycooker1914 if it hasn't gone in today then the next run hits the bank on the 31st. Unless it's a few days late and arrives next week it won't arrive untill the 31st, there is no other payroll untill 25th (hitting 31st)
Thank you for the heads up. Im going away for a few days and that money would have come in handy.

I class the TA as a 2nd job not a hobby. As a hobby will not have be in the dock on a causing death by misconduct if I was performing a safety staff job badly (worst case scenario).

So in my civvy job if no-one gets paid some one gets thier arses kicked (written warnings etc) as people expect to get paid for the work they do.
The same should apply to the TA.

I almost feel as if im causing a problem when I call up about my TA pay.

All that happens is people balme Glasgow, Glasgow blame the unit staff.

Someone needs to get a grip of this cock up, it is really beyond a joke.

Pissed off tommycooker

Well as far as I'm aware there's no problem at JPAC with TA Pay at the moment (not ones that stop any payment, there are some pay scale etc issues) so it most probably is your unit staff sadly having difficulties.. I think it helps when your unit pay guru is also wanting his MTD's on time if you know what I mean ;)

Dont_Fear_The_Reaper said:
tommycooker1914 said:
yater_spoon said:
Chaps 2 things;

Firstly, JPA like MATTs is a Regular'ism that will be hammered into place on the TA, despite the fact that it IS NOT TA friendly.

Secondly, if your PSAO is a pr1ck, please don't tar them all with the same brush. I trust you don't like the term STAB! :wink:
Why should it be any different regular or TA?

IE
Employee 1 works for the NHS full time gets paid a salary
Employee 2 works weekends only, for the NHS and gets paid by the day

NHS gets a new payment system in place and says:-

Employee 1 do not worry your pay will remain unchanged.
Sorry Employee 2 we can not pay you for 2 months.

It would not happen in the real world so why should it happen to our pay.

Goes to show how much they really think of the TA.

I feel like im a mug, I would never put up with this service in Industry.

Is it time to hand my kit in? Anyone got the number for the RN Reserve?

Mongoose, have you thought about working for the JPAC helpline?

You seem to have a way of explaining things to the masses which makes sense.

Also, perhaps there should be a dedicated JPAC team who call certain PSAOs and unit pay clerks and tell them how useless they are and how to do their job properly.