• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Pay band for TA Sigs RR also pay regs and TA

HI,

I currently get paid low band pay for the signals radio relay trade. Is this correct as I was told it was high band.

Also it says in all the adverts for the TA. Join the ta and get paid the same as a regualr soldier, checking on the army web site, this is not the case, or am I reading it wrong. We should get the same pay as when we sign on, as we do the same job and on some days we proberly do more hours of work, as we have to cram in the training into shorter periods.

Anyway I would like to hear what other people have to say about this and I will stop ramberling now.

Having recently come back from a course i can only say pay within Signals varies....a lot...dunno why, however trade, length of service and possibly possibly courses(no idea) come into it, i'm equally confused as i am on highest pay band and have no idea why???

It does seem a little strange they seem to pull pay bands out of a hat. I would like to get this sorted out as there is quite a difference in pay. Is there a list somewhere with what is high band and what is low band?

Not sure for Sigs, but in the REME a Craftsman will be on low band and a L/Cpl on high, for the same trade.

This is probably replicated across the corps.

rich121 pay in 33, 34 and 35 Sigs Regts is quite complex. If you are a class 2 (LCpl/Cpl) AS Op(RR)(P) who doesn't have a cat C driving license you will be on low pay band. If your an AS Op(P) - switch bitch you'll remain on low pay band until you gain C+E. All Sigs are low pay except for techs (they may also be low pay band). All AS and RS Op Sgts are high pay band unitl they get their SSgts. Note that lack of driving quals also bars you from promotion

Your actually lucky, the old Tele Op (RR) trade was all lower pay ranges, its only cause the regular trade merged a higher pay band trade (switch bitches) that you've gained the oppurtunity to go high pay band.

Alternatively you could jump ship to 37 or 38 Sigs Regts, 2 (NC) Sigs Bde doesn't tie driving quals to promotion or pay band (and we spend much more time in the field using modern comms equipment and hardly anytime doing maintenance - less than one w/e a year).

Thanks for the info it does seem a little complex.

What is the modern equipment you mention from 2 (NC) Sigs Bde. As my regt 36 are moving to 2 Bde at the momment and we have a mixture of Euromux and NCRS which is both ancient.

rich121 said:
As my regt 36 are moving to 2 Bde at the momment and we have a mixture of Euromux and NCRS which is both ancient.
We are 2 Bde at the minute and i would be interested to know if you have heard any 'duty rumours' of a new Sqn joining 36?

2 (NC) Bde Equipment - web site

Forget NCRS its going (rumoured to be going next year) but the HF radios are still useful, Project Whitman uses them to set up a IP network for sending emails etc.

As for rumours about sqns, RSigs TA future army structure most of what is said is true. My comments (on that thread) about regiments having 4 sqns is wrong, they all will have 1-2 sqns to support Bdes and 1-2 Contingency Component Sqns (max of 3).

36 Sigs regiment main role is to support 49 Bde (with 1 Bde Close Support Sqn and 2 CC sqns), 38 don't support this bde anymore (with their 2 Bde Close Support Sqn and 1 CC sqns)

As for your pay, I'm not sure anymore, your current trade doesn't exist within 2 (NC) Sig Bde

F

fozzy

frenchie said:
rich121 said:
As my regt 36 are moving to 2 Bde at the momment and we have a mixture of Euromux and NCRS which is both ancient.
We are 2 Bde at the minute and i would be interested to know if you have heard any 'duty rumours' of a new Sqn joining 36?
Rumours? We have lots of rumours - rumour control is on 24 hour manning :)

An announcement is imminent .

All I can say is "wait out" - but trawling through a few threads on here will give you a good idea of what is on the cards.

F

fozzy

rich121 said:
Thanks for the info it does seem a little complex.

What is the modern equipment you mention from 2 (NC) Sigs Bde. As my regt 36 are moving to 2 Bde at the momment and we have a mixture of Euromux and NCRS which is both ancient.
PM me.

fozzy said:

All I can say is "wait out" - but trawling through a few threads on here will give you a good idea of what is on the cards.
Isn't 70 Sig Sqn in 49 Bde's area?

polar said:
fozzy said:

Isn't 70 Sig Sqn in 49 Bde's area?
Polar I will lay you a bet that 36 doesn't have a single CC Sqn, but has 3 Sqns (incl a Sp Sqn) across 8 TA Centres and that 70 stays tasked to Lon Dist!

commsgirl said:
Polar I will lay you a bet that 36 doesn't have a single CC Sqn, but has 3 Sqns (incl a Sp Sqn) across 8 TA Centres and that 70 stays tasked to Lon Dist!
?? You've obviously heard something different to me (ur keeping Euromux).

CS are really Bde Sig Sqns, we support two bde so we've got two CS Sig Sqns leaving one CC Sig Sqn. If we've been cut and we've lost 1 Sqn and one TAC leaving 4 TACs, I don't see how a Regt with 8 TAC (real estate) won't loose a minor unit or two.

polar said:
2 (NC) Sigs Bde doesn't tie driving quals to promotion or pay band (and we spend much more time in the field using modern comms equipment and hardly anytime doing maintenance - less than one w/e a year).
What is this MODERN comms equip?
Is it real or a myth?
How do we get training with it?
Who are the trainers?
Is it available to all Regts or just a select few?
What do you mean hardly any maintenance?
R U SURE????????
With trade camp fast approaching what are our trade options?
If NCRS is finally going to the R\Sigs museum (may it rest in peace) why are we still doing the trade course for it in Nov?
If we have to re-trade how does this effect our pay\promotions?
Does the new stuff come in green'n'black?

So many questions
This thread has got my curiosity going overtime
I need answers B4 i get a headach!!!!!!!!

It appears the only NC kit 36 have got so far is NCRS.

This is the only kit in my troop that comes under RSIT, like all Area Systems, but its not gone out of the gate since my troop recieved it - so RSIT is a breeze (<1 day prep most of the is taken up with laying out kit & packing it up).

Forget JMH (well most of it), RAS and AMSCERP use ms outlook as does WHITMAN (using the NCRS radios). REEBOK is all digital phones, laptops etc. You may seen SAINT, old yes but still works better than AIRWAVE.

I'm not sure if NCRS is on your trade course (rumour is its gone), the new operator trade is ICS Op (UK Ops) which replaces RS Op(NC).

Is the trade camp 36's annual camp, would be on it if I hadn't ran out of hols.

We certainly do maintence on our Euromux kit. Anyway. Trades will be either Tech, IS or Ed I think. There may be a few types of each trade, especially IS but that is it. Which mainly means you ethier need to be handy with generators (power) or good on computers.

I do hope we keep some sort of a green fleet.

I am dreaming now but new IT kit may mean some sort of Bowman kit with Wolf Landys and Daf's coupled with Sat based It network kit. But I am dreaming now.

Give us more Landys that cannot carry people or kit and put more steel weight in them so they take a week to get anywhere, if they do not breakdown before then. Maybe we will get the old series 3 petrol landys back. :wink: