Pay at Sandhurst

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Sam3212, Nov 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I commissioned from the TA Commissioning Course in October and have decided to take the plunge and go regular in May 2012 (I've confirmed my place on the course).

I was wondering does one still keep the rank-PAY (not the rank obviously) whilst training? In other words would I still get a 2LT pay rather than the substantially less Ocdt pay?

The money is NOT the reason i'm doing this but still it would be nice to know - I do have quite a lot of student debt to pay off after all.

A friend of mine who is a full-lieutenant said that the army cannot dock pay and he is going reg in January so can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks for (serious) responses.

2. I would imagine that because you are ending your TA employment and starting a regular employment you will drop down to basic pay. Im sure a pay wog will be along soon to set you straight.

3. Graduates get paid as 2Lt's anyway, only non-grads are on the Ocdt pay band.

A bloke in my platoon is a TA Lt but they are currently paying him as a non-grad. Be prepared to chase up the clerks!!

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Off the top of my head I think you have to resign your TA commission before you start on the regular CC.

5. No you didn't. You were commissioned.

6. Here's the gen mate. If you join as a 2Lt then no dice. If you are a TA full LT, 3 months substantive, and you have it on JPA and a payslip to that effect you are enlisted with full LT pay. I think there s no dice with 2Lt as it is a probationary rank in the TA. PM me with any weird questions you have on the subject.

QS