Pay As You Go Tariffs

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ritch, Oct 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know if this is in the right forum but I couldn't see any other place to stick it. I've just got a new phone, (bought at Sn'asda, I admit) and is on the Asda pay-as-you-go scheme. Texts 4p and 8p a minute calls. But the reception is very poor all the time. I'm thinking of changing to a different service but I was just wondering if there is any good deals out there that you've got?

Thanks
    BA.

2. £15 top up a month gets you unlimited texts and unlimited net and something like 100 mins on O2, brilliant if you have a smart phone type.

3. T mobile, sim only rolling one month contract. I signed up for 18 months so get about 500 minutes a month as opposed to the usual 350. Also unlimited texts. Was with them on a contract for 18 months previous and had good coverage. Avoid 3 - google reviews to find comments

4. samm1551

samm1551 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Avoid 3 like the plague. I am with o2 and they are pretty good. As above free texts monthly if you top up minimum of £10, coverage is good.

5. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Tried the sim in a different phone? might just be the phone that's bonk

BTW if your looking for a PAYG phone all the phones in the carphone warehouse that they sell for the above are all unlocked so if you see a phone that's cheaper on another network or just not on your network buy it and pop your sim in. Was told this by a staff member that by the time the phones came locked from the networks they'd be out of date

6. I'm on 3 and haven't had any problems. They've got good coverage for where I want to use the phone and the Skype feature comes in handy when I'm globe-trotting.

£15 per month for more free minutes and texts than I ever use - can't complain.

7. T-mobile is £20 per month for 300 minutes cross network and unlimited texts cross network. Just top up £20 and text TT20 to 441

8. Second that, 3 is a really good option for me. Best thing to do is go on the tinterweb and establish which provider has the best coverage for the area's you need to use your phone!! O2 had the best coverage for me till i moved, then bugger all! so changed to 3! All providers seem to have packages that are worth doing, you just need to find the one that provides the best coverage in your area!!

9. Cheers guys. Yeah, i've put another SIM in the phone and its still the same, rubbish coverage. I think I'm gonna go with O2, see how that pans out.

Thanks again.

10. O2 are quite good. Moved from T-Mobile to them. If yuo still have problems get a better phone.

11. Could I direct you all here seeing as its the same subject..

LINK