Pay above Brigadier

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by BoringUsername1, Jan 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Quick question, reading about the cuts in the paper today, I was wondering what the simple wage savings were likely to be and I dug up a few sites which talk about OF6 Brigadier at the 90-100k range, but what of those above that rank?

Are they taken on, on a fixed term basis like senior police officers on a negotiated wage (yet published standard)?

2. No, OF7-9 have standardised Salaries based on their rank and Level, the same as everyone else. The only exception to this is CDS who is paid a unique salary due to his role.

The only difference is once at OF6 upwards, if there is no suitable job available when you are due to move then it's retirement for you my good man!

3. So what are the actual numbers?
  4. You'd think on that kind of money they could afford to pay their own batman & chef :wink:
  5. Ohh, perfect, thanks :aok:
  6. If only, actually doesn't strike me as that much cash but then general cost of living must be rather low because of the ancils they must get.
  7. Similar stuff in here'

8. Like what?
  9. Pikey bastards. You'd think that on their money they'd at least go for the super duper £3.50 special meal and not stick to core menu!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

NB 50% tax on most of that.

11. & quite right too!

We don't need any tax dodgers in the Army!